Cockroaches Bite

mogo51
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Cockroaches are a fact of life in Philippines.  They are everywhere and little or no effort is made to keep their numbers in check.

Higher end establishments have some form of pest control but many a time I have sat in Coco Amigos restaurant and watched cockroaches scurry across the floor or checked into a hotel where I turn on the lights to see a few cockroaches running to hide.

They like the dark so some tourists don't realize how numerous they are.  Many expats use sprays and other pest control methods in their homes.  I do that.  But when you live in row houses you are gonna have to expect the occassional roach to get in.

Twice a year I find cockroaches in my bedroom.  I get rid of them quickly but last night I was sleeping when one found its way onto my head where he seemed to like to be, until I reached up to scratch, that's when I found out:

Cockroaches bite hard!

After he bit you Dave, did he roll over and die!!!!

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, mogo51 said:

It surprised me that he did not run away and hide.  I woke up, turned on the light, there he was and I chased that little b*st*rd but he was not getting away :bash:  So he died, but he did not roll over, he kinda went :1927_:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Interesting, all my years in Ph I have never seen a cockroach, well nary a 2 legged version. Seriously I have lived/back and fwd for years and not seen a cockroach in hotels, 4 and 5 star, Air b N'B what ever we call it, our parents house in Banks Poro, Nada, but I see plenty in Australia, silverfish worse, my bad for silverfish as I rarely visit the big shed these days and lots of files there being eaten, less for the taxman to audit. Have heard/seen on the idiot box where some guy has a cockroach in his ear,,,,Sydney, so far so good in PH. 

Cheers, Steve. 

• Like 3

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bigpearl said:

Interesting, all my years in Ph I have never seen a cockroach, well nary a 2 legged version. Seriously I have lived/back and fwd for years and not seen a cockroach in hotels, 4 and 5 star, Air b N'B what ever we call it, our parents house in Banks Poro, Nada, but I see plenty in Australia, silverfish worse, my bad for silverfish as I rarely visit the big shed these days and lots of files there being eaten, less for the taxman to audit. Have heard/seen on the idiot box where some guy has a cockroach in his ear,,,,Sydney, so far so good in PH. 

Cheers, Steve. 

Wow, I find that hard to believe. I have been Angeles a little over two months and have killed two inside my hotel room and have seen a dozen more outside my unit.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, jpbago said:

The cock roach was on his head. By 'shoe', do you mean 6 inch spike heel?

Golf shoe preferably?

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Cockroaches are a fact of life in Philippines.  last night I was sleeping when one found its way onto my head where he seemed to like to be,

Dave, that's why I always have a hammer by the side of the bed :89:

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Happyhorn52 said:

Have you tried using a shoe. No chemical smell to deal with

You sure?

• Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Happyhorn52 said:

Have you tried using a shoe. No chemical smell to deal with

About 30 years ago, there was a get rich quick scam making the rounds in the classified sections of papers and magazines... SEND ME $1 and I will tell you a FOOL PROOF way to kill roaches. 100% guaranteed or your money back.

For your $1, you get a post card in the mail with instructions. Take 2 bricks. Place roach on one brick and SMACK the other brick onto the roach. :wham: Repeat as needed until all roaches are dead....

I do not think they ever had to give a refund.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Well Dave, what do you think? You are getting some good advice here from caring folks. The shoe, the hammer, or the bricks. The shoe or hammer, you could do yourself but your g/f would have to do the bricks. Sounds like a head ache to me.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, jpbago said:

Well Dave, what do you think?

I think I am going to play rock, paper, scissors with the next one who bites me.  Hit him with a rock, wrap him in paper, cut him into pieces and flush him.

But cockroaches like sweet things so I guess it means I'm so sweet :cornflakes:

• Like 3