Cockroaches Bite

John123john
Posted
Posted

Anyone know? I read that the cockroaches can bite, but, only very large individuals can bite a person, since small ones simply can not bite the human skin. Can any one explain, is it true or not?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Mr. Google may have your answer 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, John123john said:

Anyone know? I read that the cockroaches can bite, but, only very large individuals can bite a person, since small ones simply can not bite the human skin. Can any one explain, is it true or not?

Well you could read and believe the opening post of the subject :whatever:

On 5/26/2017 at 7:14 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Cockroaches bite hard!

Or not.

As the one to write that, I can tell you that the one I have been bitten by are very large "American Cockroaches" (Its a name, not a slander)

American Cockroach.jpg

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
On 5/25/2017 at 5:44 PM, jpbago said:

Monitor that bite. Watch for redness or swelling. They might have to amputate.

Lol.  I would hope not.  Can't imagine running around with no head. :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Haha 1

sumgai
Posted
Posted
On 5/26/2017 at 8:33 AM, Gratefuled said:

We have 5 cats that keep the roaches running for their lives. Our cats like to chase them and play with them. They pick them up in their  mouth and carry them then drop them and chase them. It's like a game for them. No lizards around anymore, either. Same with frogs. Our cats love live toys. :cornflakes:

While I love cats, it's a shame they kill all the lizards. Lizards are fantastic and help keep the ant, mosquito and even cockroach population in check. I've seen lizards attack roaches twice their size. Since I have a mosquito problem in the hallway, I'd love for them to drop a bunch of lizards there to take care of it. Instead they go for chemicals, oh well...

• Like 2

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted

I can assure you "Not So Old" that when I kill a cockroach they become an embedded part of the floor.......:-)  I hate the ugly s#@ts and I kill them 3 times, pause 5 seconds, and kill them 3 more times.  I enjoy running across the room, then jumping in the air and landing on them with both feet.  But to be fair......I always warn them first........:-)........FYI, bring a gecko or lizard in the house.....they LOVE them for breakfast.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Peaceful John said:

I can assure you "Not So Old" that when I kill a cockroach they become an embedded part of the floor.......:-)  I hate the ugly s#@ts and I kill them 3 times, pause 5 seconds, and kill them 3 more times.  I enjoy running across the room, then jumping in the air and landing on them with both feet.  But to be fair......I always warn them first........:-)........FYI, bring a gecko or lizard in the house.....they LOVE them for breakfast.

Hehehe.  Most houses I've been to in the Philippines have geckos whether you want them or not.  I love the little suckers.  They eat a ton of bugs.

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

id have an army of highly trained gekos to scoff bugs ,my GF sent me a photo of some bugs that come out during a full moon ,there was thousands of the little blighters

is there a recommended ointment or whatever for insect bites in the tropics? ive got a spray that hopefully will keep the mossies in check ,but I'm now looking for a stuff to treat any bug bites

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

is there a recommended ointment or whatever for insect bites in the tropics?

In the early days its a "bugger"!  (Pun intended).  Until your body gets used to the different toxins from the insects you are not used to, you may suffer horrible itch.  But it goes away after a bit and now I don't even notice the majority of bug bites.  I sometimes put on a little alcohol or some peroxide or that Chinese fluocinonide cream that comes in a green tube for 20 pesos at any public market.  Used to only be 8 pesos ten years back so inflation has hit that one hard.

• Like 1