Forum not found error , suggestions

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

A member contacted me through facebook asking if the forum is down which it is obviously not for me but he has not been able to load the site for 2 days. He says, 

I get the same message on both my Mac and iPhone. Message Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found.  Also same with Firefox

From the Laguna area, other sites are loading 

Anyone with suggestions of how to solve this? 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

A member contacted me through facebook asking if the forum is down which it is obviously not for me but he has not been able to load the site for 2 days. He says, 

From the Laguna area, other sites are loading 

Anyone with suggestions of how to solve this? 

Every now and then yes but we put it down to connection problems In fact, sonjack and I often have to talk via FB as neither of us can get into PEF, we live about 2 km apart as the crow Flies.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Every now and then yes but we put it down to connection problems In fact, sonjack and I often have to talk via FB as neither of us can get into PEF, we live about 2 km apart as the crow Flies.

Yes thats what I thought but he just did a speed test and should have no problem, 12.39 mbps down and .95 upload

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I'm back.  Wow that was scary.  Two days and going through withdrawal.  I can only think it was the server.  I tried many things and nothing worked.  I was going to wait till this evening and give it a try but just tried now and got on.  Thanks all!

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes thats what I thought but he just did a speed test and should have no problem, 12.39 mbps down and .95 upload

I often wonder about speed tests versus Connection strength at times I have PLDT and can get signal strength readings some days that are well low yet the Speed test shows 4/5/ & 6mbs we are only on 3mbs contract so ???

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I think the speed tests are okay.  Any other site loaded quickly.  Just this one so it may have been a routing issue at the server.  I don't know much about computers, just enough to make myself dangerous.  Anyway, it is working now.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Sometimes I cannot get on due to a "DNS" error.  I use PLDT.  I change DNS servers every once in a while and the problem goes away.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I get that error occasionally also. I am guessing it is some sort of 'handshake' issue between me, my ISP, and the server. The reason that is my guess is my solution. 1st I reload the page, next I close the tab and open a new one, then close Chrome and reopen, then turn off my wifi for a minute and back on, then I reset my router.

The reason I listed all the steps is each has worked, sometimes very simple, sometimes more involved, but no way to know which will work when it happens. (maybe once a week or two).

• Like 1