Be careful what you wish for...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Problem with going with the flow is when it stops flowing.  Example:  How long are you gonna go with the flow while your partner stuffs grease and garbage down the sink before it stops flowing and you get to be the one to clean out the stoppage :hystery:

Easy mate, you blocked it you Un-block because I have explained things before and it seems you didn't here me.

So my friend, have you done that little job? Scratching Head.jpg

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, canadamale said:

Now if I had know the man personaly I like ro rhink I wpuld of said something 

This how you make Friends/Acquaintances that may be of use to you in the Future,cos for me, I would have said OH! do you do private work?

Being one step ahead helps here & the Longer I am here the more I learn and stay that one step ahead, These People just love compliments and the thought of being useful which means $$

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I get very stressed here,just this morning I could not find the toothpaste it was like my whole world was tumbling down around me.My wife had moved it and not put it back.Best I go for a few beers to de-stress.

:hystery: YEAH! but was the Lid/ top on and Not squeezed in the middle?

I would Join you for a beer but I gotta go and get Stressed in Town

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery: YEAH! but was the Lid/ top on and Not squeezed in the middle?

I would Join you for a beer but I gotta go and get Stressed in Town

New tube mate2 days old, I don`t think they had enough time to muck it up too much.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

You say that but in my experience I found it the Otherway around, Each to our own I know but it is not what we say but how we say it. In the UK I would be told to F***OFF, Here I may have said Hi mate is that your son, they will answer, and just let him know, that if he loves the Boy and he will tell you he does, then why are you trying to Blind Him. people here are not normally nasty and if you think on the lines of explaining and Not telling, the Story gets better 

But that's me:smile:

Yes I learned the way to approach these people after a few months here.Firstly don`t tell them what to do,don`t tell them are wrong,don`t tell you have a better way of doing something.Always ask for help don`t  tell them to sort it or else.

I have made complaints here in the phills and some do get through and the situation can be sorted amicably.As you say if it was in the uk it would more than likely be FO. 

• Like 5

Mr-T
Posted
Posted

Go with the flow. Don't stress it. My wife famous words. Me i said. But everything should be done in the right way. What is worth doing is worth doing well. A famous quote from my elementary school days. People here do not seems to care. Most but not all do not take pride in doing the correct thing but only what is of benefit to them. 

I am a sort of perfectionist and like to see everything neat and orderly. I like to see house hold stuff like brooms, place matts etc. kept in the designated place. Our helper sweeps the balcony and leave the broom and dust bin laying in the corner instead of returning it to the wash room where we keep that stuff. Wife say. Don't say anything. So i return it to the proper place, next day same routine and next day same. After about six times she finally got the idea and return it to the proper place. My BIL used my tool and drop it where he last used it. So many things, not really big things but for me important stuff which makes life a bit more pleasant. 

I know it is there culture and their way of doing things. So basically what i do is just never say anything except to my wife. Then she said go with the flow. Do not stress yourself. Lol. Other than that all is good as i try to make life here how i want it to be and do not rely on anyone to dictate to me what they want. 

Go with the flow guys. 

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mr-T said:

Go with the flow guys. 

Better to go your own way and let them

"go with the flow". 

My wife likes a quote from the late Miriam Santiago (RIP)

Regarding disagreements  with her spouse, she likes to remind him, " I'll go my way"  and " you go my way".

There are a lot of quotes that she made during her life. Most are quite humorous.

• Like 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

This how you make Friends/Acquaintances that may be of use to you in the Future,cos for me, I would have said OH! do you do private work?

Being one step ahead helps here & the Longer I am here the more I learn and stay that one step ahead, These People just love compliments and the thought of being useful which means $$

That is a very good way of looking at the situation. My frame of mind at the time, was the same as I would of taken if I had seen a apprentice doing the same sort of stunt at work. I would most likley of came off as being very authoritative. I would like to believe that once I retire and live here i can "mellow out" and enjoy and interact within the community here.

Edited by canadamale
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mr-T said:

I am a sort of perfectionist and like to see everything neat and orderly.

:hystery: Sorry mate you're too late the best Peas went Farrows. Joke about and old UK TV Advert but I know how you feel But...............:571c66d400c8c_1(103): No matter what it is, she/they put it away, then ASKS me, where it is Scratching Head.jpg One thing for sure, It will not be where it SHOULD be. 

• Like 4