Flat Tires And Breakdowns

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Reboot said:

I always keep several things for emergencies, even if it's a new car. A 12v pump, booster cables, a small set of tools, pistol, a gallon of antifreeze, flashlight. In some older vehicles I would take off roading, stuff like an off road hi-jack, a spare pulley and belts, a "come along" hand winch, and so on.

Check your spare's air pressure from time to time. Those things can go flat, and then not be there for when you need them. People never do.

I have put the flat spare on and grabbed the 12V portable inflator, no problema.:thumbsup:

jpbago
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Reboot said:

When I was 19, and broke, I put crappy tires on my car.

Should've listened to Dad, but when the choice was between better tires, or taking that blonde out on a date, I chose the latter.

But having a tire blowout going around 80 mph cured me of that forever.

I don't skimp on tires or brakes, ever.

46932_497_2144.jpg

The picture does not open. Is it of the blonde?

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, jpbago said:

The picture does not open. Is it of the blonde?

The car! But both long gone haha.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Strange thing happened after the flat tire. I took it to a repair shop in South Bay, California and they fixed the tire. But there was no charge. Free! No previously relationship with this shop. We found them online.

I had purchased six tires for Les Schwab in Oregon at a cost of nearly $1,800 (commercial tires). They will do free rotation and repair as part of a lifetime warranty in any of their 400+ shops. But the nearest to our address was over 50 miles of LA freeway driving. So I found another one and was surprised the repair was free.

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I always roll on Michelin's baby.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Strange thing happened after the flat tire. I took it to a repair shop in South Bay, California and they fixed the tire. But there was no charge. Free! No previously relationship with this shop. We found them online.

I had purchased six tires for Les Schwab in Oregon at a cost of nearly $1,800 (commercial tires). They will do free rotation and repair as part of a lifetime warranty in any of their 400+ shops. But the nearest to our address was over 50 miles of LA freeway driving. So I found another one and was surprised the repair was free.

They bill the tire company, same as mufflers with lifetime warranty, but only for the original owner.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Reboot said:

The car! But both long gone haha.

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2017 at 1:55 AM, intrepid said:

The scent of a fast new car...and a fast new woman...two dangerous things...now just if only I was as good as I once was...

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 3

banyanman
Posted
Posted
On 7/7/2017 at 9:08 AM, OnMyWay said:

Considering Yokohama this time as I have had good luck with a few of those in the past.

I wasn't impressed with Yokohama when I had them on my Nissan Navara. I got 30k out of the original set (can't remember what brand they were). Replaced them with Yokohama but they lasted only 25k. Then replaced those with Bridgestone and again only got 25k. I'm now on the fourth set which are Maxxis. I've done 95k in total and the Maxxis tyres look less than half worn, so I think I may get 30k+ out of those. And the ride is noticeably better than the previous three brands. (I do a fair amount of driving on dirt roads, so others may get better mileage than me). And so far - touch wood - no flats with the Maxxis tyres.

• Like 2