AirBnb

Gary D
Posted
Posted

We had a couple of AirBnB condos in Mall of Asia, ours was very nice, the sister in laws was very untidy, both in the same building.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I have used airbnb several times. Very easy to decided if a place is what you want by reading the reviews. Only once did one condo not meet my expectations and when l wrote a review which was only suggestions of how to make this accommodation better for travelers did l discover the owner of the condo did not have public reviews.

If you are looking for Christmas accomodation best to book now.

oh your link does not take one to the exact place you mentioned. 

Unfortunately this is not correct. Recently my review stated minor criticism of a bathroom in a Cebu condo. Actually more of a suggestion the owner should fit a wash basin and mirror in the bathroom

Air b&b advised the review was awaiting my hosts comments, it was never published. Now I take reviews with a grain........

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, RBM said:

Unfortunately this is not correct. Recently my review stated minor criticism of a bathroom in a Cebu condo. Actually more of a suggestion the owner should fit a wash basin and mirror in the bathroom

Air b&b advised the review was awaiting my hosts comments, it was never published. Now I take reviews with a grain........

Which part is not correct? What I was saying in one condo which I took because it was in the same building as another I was in at the time and had no reviews. I thought I must of been the first guest to stay there but when l published my review it never appeared so I guess the owners can choose if they have public reviews. I have seen negative on other condo reviews.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Very easy to decided if a place is what you want by reading the reviews. 

This part is not correct as not all negative reviews are published, unfortunately.Personally I have not seen a negative reviews,  how ever my experience is limited to Philippines.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, RBM said:

This part is not correct as not all negative reviews are published, unfortunately.Personally I have not seen a negative reviews,  how ever my experience is limited to Philippines.

A quick internet search confirms this. Unfortunately it sounds like AirBNB is going the way of eBay only in reverse. On eBay now the buyer by default wins any dispute and the seller has to spend a great deal of time escalating the claim to try and win the dispute. There are buyers on ebay who understand this and use this to cheat sellers. That is why I stopped selling things on eBay. Not worth the hassle to try and make a few bucks on the things you no longer need when you take a chance of getting a buyer who will cheat you. In addition eBay no longer allows you to rate the buyers so you can't even warn other sellers about these cheat buyers. Seems AirBNB is almost doing the same thing but keeping those who book rooms from seeing some of the negative reviews. For both eBay and AirBNB it looks like they have worked the numbers to try and figure out what generates the most profit for them. But they are being short sighted because eventually people will catch on and reduce or completely stop using their services. Sigh...

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, RBM said:

If a place has say 50 good reviews and no negative then most likely it is a good place even if the owner decided to block bad reviews. Usually its problems which could be sorted out or culture differences that end up in bad reviews. My experience is only in the Philippines too and all bar one the condo the owners went out of their way to ensure all fas fine. 

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If a place has say 50 good reviews and no negative then most likely it is a good place even if the owner decided to block bad reviews

I cannot speak for AitBnB but you do know I have done gigs on Fiverr.

One of the more popular gigs is to have between 10 and 50 Facebook accounts and make that amount of "good" reviews on a product or business.  Usually the request is to throw in a couple of imperfect reviews so the product or business does not sound too good to be true.  Its an easy US$5 bucks for every 10 reviews :SugarwareZ-005:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I cannot speak for AitBnB but you do know I have done gigs on Fiverr.

One of the more popular gigs is to have between 10 and 50 Facebook accounts and make that amount of "good" reviews on a product or business.  Usually the request is to throw in a couple of imperfect reviews so the product or business does not sound too good to be true.  Its an easy US$5 bucks for every 10 reviews :SugarwareZ-005:

Not sure what your saying as fiverr only has reviews from those who purchased a service :89:

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If a place has say 50 good reviews and no negative then most likely it is a good place even if the owner decided to block bad reviews. Usually its problems which could be sorted out or culture differences that end up in bad reviews. My experience is only in the Philippines too and all bar one the condo the owners went out of their way to ensure all fas fine. 

This is also similar to my experience. How ever to offer prospective guests a more broader look it would be fairer to allow all reviews, without the hosts consent, similar to trip advisor. Host of course has the right of reply.

My limited experience shows if a unit has consistent excellent reviews it's usually as described. 

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, RBM said:

This is also similar to my experience. How ever to offer prospective guests a more broader look it would be fairer to allow all reviews, without the hosts consent, similar to trip advisor. Host of course has the right of reply.

My limited experience shows if a unit has consistent excellent reviews it's usually as described. 

What I found was that if someone had a very bad experience and left before the end of their booking the host does a cancel booking rather than a partial refund. When the booking is canceled the customer does not get an opportunity to provide a review.

• Like 1