Building a Tut Tut

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I've got to agree with a few people here. If it's a business venture I'd forget it. The average Filipino would ride on a razor blade if it saved them 5 peso. You could have the most pimped up ride out there but to them cash is king.

I'm even getting a bit like them. I used to jump in a trike and tell them where I was going on Boracay. A ride for me cost 150php regardless of the distance, having gone out a few times with my Filipino partner she just gets me to jump in what's called a standard ride. Basically if there's a spare space on the trike anyone can jump on. This trip now costs me about 20 peso.

I think if it's a business model thousands of Filipinos would have done it by now. Or a few weeks after you do it if it's successful they'll just copy you. 

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I agree with Snowy 79, do the figures if it's for business, PI don't go for new contraptions if their fore-bearers hadn't invented it or it costs 1 peso more for the same distance traveled. Ask my PI wife, she won't even pay long nose tax when we're out somewhere.