Filipino driving licence.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I've just got my Philippines driving licence on a 6 month tourist visa. 

Pretty straight forward. I turned up at the LTO with my UK driving licence, passport and ACR card. 

The woman asked for a photo copy of both sides of the ACR and driving licence and a copy of my passport photo and last stamp in the passport. They were 3 php per copy.

I then had a medical on site for 250 php. It consisted of height, weight, blood pressure, reading 4 numbers hidden inside coloured dots and then I had to read the bottom line of a sight chart from 6ft away. The letters were pretty big lol. 

Back into the LTO  where i filled a form in with my name, address etc. Off to another window for a photo then I paid  852.63 php and waited about 15 mins. They handed me a photo copied paper licence valid for 5 years as there's no plastic available. 

All in it took under 1 1/2hrs. No questions about the fact I'm a tourist. 

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Pretty straight forward. I turned up at the LTO with my UK driving licence, passport and ACR card. 

The woman asked for a photo copy of both sides of the ACR and driving licence and a copy of my passport photo and last stamp in the passport. They were 3 php per copy.

I then had a medical on site for 250 php. It consisted of height, weight, blood pressure, reading 4 numbers hidden inside coloured dots and then I had to read the bottom line of a sight chart from 6ft away. The letters were pretty big lol. 

Back into the LTO  where i filled a form in with my name, address etc. Off to another window for a photo then I paid  852.63 php and waited about 15 mins. They handed me a photo copied paper licence valid for 5 years as there's no plastic available. 

Nice, which LTO office was it?

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Calapan. Oriental Mindoro. 

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Nice one Snowy, Good news indeed. I went to Puerta Galera 2 years ago, I feel a return visit might be in order, Lol.   Congrats.

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)

You lucked out Snowy--that was pretty fast and straight forward for a new license! The LTO in Cebu, for my renewal was more involved and stressful for me, which in Cebu still involves providing a urine test.The lady who conducted the eye test had me guessing at a million different letters and rows on the chart---finally she just said " You're okay--just don't drive at night too often." :smile:

I think I'll try a smaller LTO office next time. With the ten year renewal, then I'll be good for a while.:smile:

Edited by Queenie O.
  • Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

It was a real relief  to find a government agency that knew how to streamline the work flow and make the system more efficient.  Now if they would just make those urine sample jars larger and replace the burned out bulb in the CR it would be even better.  That jar is about the size of a shotgun shell and kind of hard to hit in the dark.  

Hahahha Mike--the Danao City office urine testing building was new I think when I went, and there was just a flimsy curtain on the stall that opened out onto a room full of people also waiting for their results! The first try I was too shy to give a sample so I ended up going back outside and drinking 5 bottles of the bottled water from a vendor outside, so I could try again!  The second go round they said that they needed a full container, but I could only make about one inch full!  They said "that's okay maam-- good enough":smile:

Edited by Queenie O.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

Your experience was quite a bit more involved than mine three years ago.

I am sitting at a desk in front of the doctor who has my form in front of her.  The BP pressure gauge is on the table and the eye chart is about 8 feet away. 

Dr - "Do you know your blood pressure?"

Me - "No" (and I put our my arm)

Dr - "Is it normal?"

Me - "I guess it is."

Dr - "Is it 120 over 70?"

Me - The light is beginning to dawn, and I say "Yes it is"

Dr - Writes 120/70 on the medical form.

Dr - "Can you read the eye chart?"

Me - "Yes" (I am on a roll now)

Dr - Writes 20/20 each eye on the form.

Dr - "Can you see colors?"

Me - "Yes" (big smile)

Dr - Writes "normal" for color vision and signs the form and tells me the fee.

It was a real relief  to find a government agency that knew how to streamline the work flow and make the system more efficient.  Now if they would just make those urine sample jars larger and replace the burned out bulb in the CR it would be even better.  That jar is about the size of a shotgun shell and kind of hard to hit in the dark.  :89:

Are you bragging Mike, a shot gun shell is way too big for me.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

there was just a flimsy curtain on the stall that opened out onto a room full of people

There is a door on the one next door to the Dumaguete LTO but the clerk said:  "Sorry sir but you must leave the door open"

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

20 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Are you bragging Mike, a shot gun shell is way too big for me.

Image result for shotgun shell sizes I was very careful not to mention what gauge of shell. :whistling:

• Haha 2