Would they ever check?. Minor big possible issue with civil status on ACR card

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, che ti frega said:

i don't think so. im single and i appear single (free status). i even have a free status 

Then there is absolutely no point in asking here on this forum as you already know, or think you do.

You might get lucky.  Come back and tell us when it has worked for you, sometimes people slip though the cracks.

I would also ask that you also come back and tell us if does not work for you but few ever come back and admit that they were wrong.  One thing we all agree on is that everyone's experience in Philippines will be different, but since your status on your ACR card says divorced I stand by my opinion. 

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have 3 old, expired, ACR cards. One says single, one divorced, and the newest says married.   Switching it to married was easy because I was doing the 13a at the time.  But the 'divorced' and 'single' ones just depended on my mood when I filled out the form.  I was divorced for many years and to me being divorced means I am single - simply not married. So I tended to use the terms interchangeably. I just happened to get it different one year to the next.  No one at BI ever questioned it, I doubt they noticed. 

I never gave it a second thought. Only reason I noticed was because I just pulled out the stack of ACR cards to look at them.  If there is any problem, which I doubt there will be, you will probably just have to the proper fee to take care of it.

• Like 1

Cebu expat
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Members are limited in what they can do by their member group. Editing is time restricted and deleting is not allowed as it stuffs up a thread if everyone decideds to delete their posts. I removed the post you requested.  

Thanks a lot, very kind

Cebu expat
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Then there is absolutely no point in asking here on this forum as you already know, or think you do.

You might get lucky.  Come back and tell us when it has worked for you, sometimes people slip though the cracks.

I would also ask that you also come back and tell us if does not work for you but few ever come back and admit that they were wrong.  One thing we all agree on is that everyone's experience in Philippines will be different, but since your status on your ACR card says divorced I stand by my opinion. 

i will post again if it went well or no, thanks. if i dont post anything it means i havent got married yet , lol

• Thanks 1

Cebu expat
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 3/9/2017 at 4:30 AM, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I have 3 old, expired, ACR cards. One says single, one divorced, and the newest says married.   Switching it to married was easy because I was doing the 13a at the time.  But the 'divorced' and 'single' ones just depended on my mood when I filled out the form.  I was divorced for many years and to me being divorced means I am single - simply not married. So I tended to use the terms interchangeably. I just happened to get it different one year to the next.  No one at BI ever questioned it, I doubt they noticed. 

I never gave it a second thought. Only reason I noticed was because I just pulled out the stack of ACR cards to look at them.  If there is any problem, which I doubt there will be, you will probably just have to the proper fee to take care of it.

Good to know that each time you asked for a new ACR card you could choose the civil status freely lol. I sincerely thought that it wasn't possible to do that voluntarily but that after the first time you needed to officially do the papers for amendment. another user (in another forum i think) if i recall well even amended it once and he appeared pretty angry when he discovered that his new "amended" card still had the old status on it. then they told him that it didnt matter because his new status had been anyway updated in the system.....lol

PS and Thank you so much Admin for making me a full member .

Edited by che ti frega
  • Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I can;t see why you would bother going through all that when when you are already married?  How many times to you want to be reminded of that fact.?

• Like 1

Cebu expat
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, mogo51 said:

I can;t see why you would bother going through all that when when you are already married?  How many times to you want to be reminded of that fact.?

from your post i suspect you didn't understand the situation(or read the thread). i'm not married. im minimum single, maximum divorced lol. if otherwise you want to remind me that marrying is dangerous, then it's a different story .

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 8/15/2017 at 6:11 PM, che ti frega said:

my question is will the municipality ask me for my ACR card or will just be ok with my passport and papers

Since that is all you are really asking in this thread.  I can give you the answer.  Go to your local municipal hall and ask for a "list of requirement" for a civil wedding in that municipal hall.  You must have lived there for 6 months to qualify.  You will get a list of requirements.  Go out and compete the list.  I could tell you what was on my list but that would be useless as each municipality has slightly different requirements.

Then you will have the answer you are looking for.  Note that sometimes they add requirements after you have fulfilled the list.  It seems they sometimes do this looking to make life difficult for you and they sometimes do it if they suspect something does not look right so your experience will be different from others.

• Like 1

Cebu expat
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Since that is all you are really asking in this thread.  I can give you the answer.  Go to your local municipal hall and ask for a "list of requirement" for a civil wedding in that municipal hall.  You must have lived there for 6 months to qualify.  You will get a list of requirements.  Go out and compete the list.  I could tell you what was on my list but that would be useless as each municipality has slightly different requirements.

Then you will have the answer you are looking for.  Note that sometimes they add requirements after you have fulfilled the list.  It seems they sometimes do this looking to make life difficult for you and they sometimes do it if they suspect something does not look right so your experience will be different from others.

Thanks for your post but this surprises me :

6 months residence required? i ve lived even more there but now for example im not there and i will be there in october probably. does the 6 month start from entry in the country? i believe this is not correct as i know a british citizen who got married in the philippines with a Filipina after he had arrived in the Philippines for a few weeks (max 2 months). Like me he had been in the country other times (but never more than 1 month). I've lived in Phils probably 2 yrs and a half(if i add stays) and in one case over 10 months though

I ve never heard of such requirement sorry but i will enquire for sure

ps. when i registered the birth of my baby and recognized it i had lived in that particular town only one month (because of the hospital being there) and the officer asked me how long had I lived there and I replied one month, i paid community tax certificate too (for registering birth) if its that what you refer to

Edited by che ti frega

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, che ti frega said:

6 months residence required?

Again, your experience will be different but that is what the municipality stated where I live.  However, I don't think both persons have to live in that municipality for 6 months so as long as your fiance does it may be fine.  Again, you must check locally as the requirements will vary.  Ask that specific question from them before even going further.  It may be a bigger hassle than the divorce papers.

• Thanks 1