Our wives /partners

mogo51
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Sadly I don't think it's just a Filipino thing. With my ex wife I had many business ideas. I class myself as street wise and don't throw money at something just because I like it, I'll invest in things I hate if I know theres a market for it. 

I had three major ideas when I was with her and made the mistake of asking her opinion as we were a team. In all those she was completely against any risk taking and even trying to explain myself was a waste of time. I lost out on over £1m due to her. Towards the end of our relationship I told her I'm making the decisions as it's my money. I made a tidy sum on two investments then she claimed over half in the divorce. :89:

Yes Snowy had similar experiences, but with Ozzie ex.  I must say that Filipino women who are taken to Australia to live (big mistake IMO) very quickly work out how it is all designed in their favour, especially if children are involved, but even without it is a lop sided equation.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, stevewool said:

Retraining , your having a laugh, maybe best to do what you mentioned in another thread, just live and be happy in our retirement

Most definitely Steve, I would not go up that road here and I am not here to have agro.  But my wife was made fully aware of my views of family and my obligations to them = Zero and that is how it will stay.  

I will  do  everything I can whilst I am here to give my wife a good life, something she never had until I come along.  I hope to be able to leave this earth with her having a roof over her head and some money in the bank to get her thru.  What she does with it though after I check out, will not concern me as I won't be here.  By whilst here, I call the shots.  Having said that we do discuss all things together and now and again she has added some sound reasoning based on her knowledge of the country.  It has always worked out well so far.

• Like 4