Looking to rent a place for a week outside Manila in November

Jumper0155
Posted
Posted

Hi all, 

I was hoping that someone out there could offer some suggestions on the following.

Me and the Mrs will be spending a week in November to visit her family.  They live in Manila and I would like to find a house outside Manila to take them that has a yard and pool.  Problem is, extended family will also need to be included and it brings the number to about 18 adults and a couple kids.  

I've checked online (airbnb, tripadvisor, etc.) and have been quoted riiculous prices.  Unfortunately, her family there is not all that good at handling the search due to various reasons, so it's falling on me and misses (both currently in USA).  

We need a place from November 7 until the 12th that is big enough to accommodate everyone (Filipino style), except that I need aircon in one room so I can sleep at night.  It needs to have a pool and yard so as to have something fun to do doing the day.  We want to be outside Manila to escape some of the pollution and traffic.   

I'm hoping that someone on this site can offer some suggestions and what reasonable pricing should be for 4-5 nights.  I appreciate any and all advice.

Thanks in advance!

Bill

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I can't be of any help locating a home 🏡 meeting your needs but I'd suggest you get rooms at a beach resort outside Manila. There are comfortable affordable places that would meet all your needs. Just make very sure no one can run up a tab on you. 

• Like 1

Jumper0155
Posted
Posted

Great advice Old55, much appreciated!

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jumper0155 said:

Problem is, extended family will also need to be included and it brings the number to about 18 adults and a couple kids.  

How far out of Manila? Los Banos ok? General idea of your budget?

Jumper0155
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

How far out of Manila? Los Banos ok? General idea of your budget?

Laguna area is fine, looking to spend about $100 a night for accommodations as food, drink, and entertainment for that many people is going to multiply that.  Also, this is just 5 days of a 27 day trip we're taking through Thailand,  Malaysia and the Philippines.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Jumper0155 said:

Laguna area is fine

Jumper, ill see what I can find out for you. But in the mean time ask your in country relatives to vacation rentals in Los Banos. (I have to try to get in touch with my brother in law to see if he still has the contact info.)

A while back our extended family rented a 4-6 bedroom house. It was furnished (minimally) with beds chairs and such. It also kame with a family of caretakers which did the cooking and such. Unfortunately it also kame with a karaoke machine. Had a swimming pool, pool table, was quiet and peaceful. Now this was years ago, but I am sure these places still exist down there. 

something like this might be right down your alley

Jumper0155
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, scott h said:

Jumper, ill see what I can find out for you. But in the mean time ask your in country relatives to vacation rentals in Los Banos. (I have to try to get in touch with my brother in law to see if he still has the contact info.)

A while back our extended family rented a 4-6 bedroom house. It was furnished (minimally) with beds chairs and such. It also kame with a family of caretakers which did the cooking and such. Unfortunately it also kame with a karaoke machine. Had a swimming pool, pool table, was quiet and peaceful. Now this was years ago, but I am sure these places still exist down there. 

something like this might be right down your alley

Really appreciate it.  Any info would be great!

• Like 1

PaulB
Posted
Posted

I always go to Subic, Olongapo, iCove hotel or you can go to Wild Orchid or Camayan Beach. Lots to do and good prices too.

My own house is too far from Manila being 13 hours away!

Good luck.