Car Club Benefits

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Filipinos love clubs and many who own cars join car clubs.  You can find Filipino car clubs on Facebook for most of the major models.  I highly recommend joining even if you don't plan to be actively involved.  They have tons of information and you can ask questions about your car, if needed.  I joined a Chevy Trailblazer Club and they are a very involved club, but I am just a wallflower, asking questions now and then.  I have not been to any of the meet and greets.

Some of the benefits of joining or following the Trailblazer club:  (I'm just using this as an example)

• Keep up to date on common issues with the vehicles, including recalls
  • Find quick fixes to small problems.
  • Find out where the most reputable dealers and service people are
  • Get discounts on service at some dealers
  • Get discounts on parts and accessories.  The TB club has a member who has Genuine GM TB parts at a nice discount from dealer prices.  I have used him a few times.
  • Buy/Sell/Trade parts and accessories.
  • Use the club as an industry contact source.  The officers of the club know a lot of dealers and the Chevy Philippines headquarters.  The club does have some clout with them when issues arise.
  • Meet other owners at the various events they organize.  They have events at dealers (sponsored by the dealer) and they do weekend trips to resorts around the Philippines.
  • Make some local contacts / friends who might help you when needed.  When my battery died, a member came to my house, took me to buy a new batt, took me home and helped me install it!  All on a Sunday!

I also joined a Honda Brio club recently.  They do not yet have as much going on as the TB club, but still very useful.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I would like to know how you found the club and if the posts are in English?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I can't remember exactly how I found the Trailblazer club.  I might have just happened across it on FB.

Most initial posts are not in English but I use the crummy  FB translator to get the idea, and the posts often have pictures too.  If I think it is important, I will ask my wife to confirm.  If I post a question in English, I will usually get answers in English.  Sometimes someone will remind them that I am a Kano and need English.  They are very cool and don't mind at all.  Most of them are educated professionals so they speak good English.

When I first joined they were very keen to get the new Kano to come to the events, but with two small kids it has just not been possible.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Here is an example of how serious the Trailblazer club fanatics are.  They are having their 4th anniversary celebration this weekend.  They all ride in a convoy.  A few years ago, before I joined, I saw them (I found out later it was this club) come through Subic Bay in a convoy.  They have a great time but not really my cup of tea.

21034295_10154854750348372_3884324312236012622_n.jpg 21034245_10154854750388372_7247637342486264907_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

They are having their 4th anniversary celebration this weekend.

Like they have their Alumni BatchMate annual party every year forever until the last man standing. Party, party, party! Let's eat!  :popcorn:

Edited by jpbago

• 3 weeks later...
Lobstered
Posted
Posted
On 8/24/2017 at 9:22 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Just good "name of car or manufacturer" club Philippines and it should bring up links to their facebook page