Moving luggage from Manila to Dumaguete.

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

Within the next few weeks I will be arriving in Manila with 2 x 23kg suitcases, 7 kg hand luggage and my laptop.  I think on Cebu Pacific I am allowed 1 x 20kg baggage in the hold.  What are my options of getting my luggage to Dumaguete?

Over to you my learned friends, all help and advice appreciated.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

CebPac allow one cabin bag max 7 kg and a laptop computer so you will be OK there. You might have a problem with two 23kg hold bags as it would appear from their booking app that the max is TWO 20kg hold bags totaling 40kg. No individual bag is to exceed 30kg.

It is much cheaper to pay excess baggage in advance rather than at check-in.

I would suggest you contact CebPac direct to see if your 46kg hold baggage is allowed.

Ken

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Hi Eddie as huggy said it will be better to pay the excess as paying somebody else will cost more and your bags are not in your sight as such.I know somebody who used a courier and a lot of his stuff was damaged.

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

What about the ferry option from Manila?   Not a good idea? 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

What about the ferry option from Manila?

I have known people to ship a vehicle that way, and then fly to the other end to meet the ferry and claim their vehicle.  But just for boxes I don't think it wise and to actually stay on that boat for the entire trip (assuming is does not end up beside Princess of the Stars) is said to be a nightmare best avoided  . .  so I have avoided it.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

Within the next few weeks I will be arriving in Manila with 2 x 23kg suitcases, 7 kg hand luggage and my laptop.  I think on Cebu Pacific I am allowed 1 x 20kg baggage in the hold.  What are my options of getting my luggage to Dumaguete?

Over to you my learned friends, all help and advice appreciated.

Sign into Cebu Pacific account online checkin 7 days before your flight. Upgrade one bag to 30kg and 20kg for the other. Put both bags on the scale at the airport. They do not care about individual weight, just total weight based on what I was told checking in at MAIA to come here in February with on bag over and the other bag under. (In the US on a flight in April I had to put stuff from one bag into the other bag because they weigh separately)

• Like 1