Strangers causing trouble.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Snowy it just sounds like your luck sucks so far. We hope that your lady will see the truth and relax somewhat and learn to trust more.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jake said:

I wonder what else would take her to the extreme?  I know it may hurt Snowy but the truth is right in front of you.  

Please proceed with caution, OK?  

Respectfully Jake

She's a lovely girl if you removed the jealousy. She's not one for shouting or screaming. I've known her just over 2 years and can safely say she's the best of a bad bunch lol. 

Her nickname is Shine as she's got an amazing smile and 99% of the time is happy, but boy does her face trip her when she's in a mood. It's a proper lip out arms crossed and plays mute type reaction and it doesn't matter if you're in public. 

It's uncomfortable to be around as you can't help but notice there's something wrong, and knowing what the gossip is like here God knows what stories the locals will makeup. 

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Snowy it just sounds like your luck sucks so far. We hope that your lady will see the truth and relax somewhat and learn to trust more.

I do think it's a culture thing here as I've lived in at least a dozen other countries including poor ones and never came across it before. Maybe it is the good old crab mentality.

I'm going to have some work getting the truth into her head. Even after two accusations that was impossible to have happened she still thinks that an Island girl would never lie to another Island girl. 

She chats with my son on messenger and he's having a good laugh at my expense :thumbsup:.

I told him about the accusations and said i was lucky in that I was with my partner so it couldn't have happened. He then sent me a screen shot of a conversation he had with her. In it was the bit about an Island girl wouldn't lie to another one. I pulled her up about it and asked her if I was with her all the time and she said "yes". So in other words the girl was lying and she said "I don't know."

Her attitude has changed though as I told her to close the door on the way out if she doesn't buck up. We even had a good night out last night and I deliberately chatted to different girls and called one over that I was accused of sleeping with. They had a good chat and sorted out their issues so I think it's slowly sinking in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

She chats with my son on messenger and he's having a good laugh at my expense :thumbsup:.

AH!  AH! although it may be your son but it seems she is not adversed to a chat on the Side, even if you have read the messages it should be a two way street that seems she wants to be a one way street, Did you ask about her chat mates when you are not around, I did once to my then Fiance and it cleared up a whole episode of what you are experiencing my friend :mellow: "Sauce for the Goose" comes to mind here :smile:

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

AH!  AH! although it may be your son but it seems she is not adversed to a chat on the Side, even if you have read the messages it should be a two way street that seems she wants to be a one way street, Did you ask about her chat mates when you are not around, I did once to my then Fiance and it cleared up a whole episode of what you are experiencing my friend :mellow: "Sauce for the Goose" comes to mind here :smile:

I've always told her from day one I've no interest in who her friends are or what they chat about. I was warned off about the Filipino jealousy before I arrived so I pointed out that from experience no amount of spying will stop someone from being unfaithful. I told her I won't change my friends just because some are pretty and single and I wouldn't expect her to change her friends either.

My son has met my partner and her sisters and we had a great time together. My son is unfortunately a clone of me with the same sense of humour. We're usually in a 3 way chat due to the time difference so I know all the chats. I also came off of Facebook previously due to crazy women. Yes, Filipinos and my partner let me use her Facebook to keep in touch with my close friends.

I've explained to my partner that it's normal for people to recognise that others outside a relationship can be attractive and if they deny it their liars. It doesn't mean you're going to be unfaithful. My saving grace is the majority of women smoke or have tattoos here and it's my biggest turn off. 

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Sadly from not inconsiderable experience here I would say your relationship is pretty much doomed. Unfortunately  it, she, is what it is. Maybe some short term relief how ever front your many post, the stupidness of her reactions realistically I cannot see you solving this issue. Moving away will not help long term.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

4 hours after I wrote this I got a message from a good friend who met a filipina in Cebu 10 years ago.  They lived together for about 5 years in Cebu and 5 years in Australia and seemed to have a great relationship to all outside viewers.  The message said they just broke up.  He is coming back to Cebu and she is staying in Aus with someone else.

Again, I wonder how much a guy should put up with knowing that she may be the one to dump you at any time it suits her.

Indeed it works both ways , but somehow we still are blind.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Sounds to me that this Lady has a Demon in her head about maybe being ousted before then thinks her Attitude will win the day but for me, it would be  Buck up & Change the attitude or Buck off, Life is too short to have this sort of thing happening :whistling:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

She was debriefed after the first time.

That was my policy after the first date. :hystery:

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I've been to PG once, I think 2004-5 so well over 10 years. I've read it's overrun with Koreans like everywhere else now, not surprising. But it's always been known for alcoholic, loser foreigners and prostitution. It's one of those places. I met a couple of them, GROs they used to be called. Guest Relations Officer lol. They were all from other places. Stayed in touch with one for years. She changed names and email addresses like most people change socks. Never could believe a single word she said. I stayed at White Beach and visited Sabang at night only. That scene would get very old for me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1