Adventures In Rental Hunting!

davewe
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

You tend to notice it more when you go out with your Filipino partner and she buys things that you've bought previously yet she pays a lot less. It's a good excuse not to go shopping 😁

I was referring to the actual term you used. I have often heard "long nose" and "skin tax" - just never heard "white nose tax."

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

You tend to notice it more when you go out with your Filipino partner and she buys things that you've bought previously yet she pays a lot less. It's a good excuse not to go shopping 😁

Depends a lot on where you live, example if staying in a touristy area yes it's rampant.  More rural area not so.

Few days ago I spotted a vendor carrying a large cane basket filled with small pineapples, asked how much, P5 each Sir. 

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, RBM said:

Depends a lot on where you live, example if staying in a touristy area yes it's rampant.  More rural area not so.

Few days ago I spotted a vendor carrying a large cane basket filled with small pineapples, asked how much, P5 each Sir. 

Sound cheap to our western ears but what was a local paying 3 peso?

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Sound cheap to our western ears but what was a local paying 3 peso?

P5

• Like 2

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, davewe said:

The "white nose tax." Gotta remember that one!

Ill informed and perhaps ignorance always pays the higher price wether Kano or local, we all learn eventually and is fun doing so.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Happyhorn52 said:

I couldn't believe how primative the real estate industry is in the Philippines (Angeles City). When I would call an agent to see a property listed on line it would take them a week to find a car so we could go look at the unit. No centralized listing so if you wanted a two or three bedroom bungalow they could only show you the one or two units in their inventory. Some of the showings were beyond dirty, they were filthy. I couldn't believe how many agents wanted to show me stand alone houses that were for sale, when I told them I was a foreigner and was only looking for rental properties at this time. 

Yep RE they are braindead.

• Like 2