The Huge Filipina Persuasion - the truth

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I guess this thread doesn't apply to me...I brought my little bit of the Philippines home!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bows00 said:

On the off-shoot of this topic, how does it affect your decision as you enter your late 50's or 60's?  Maybe you reach an age where your drive to seek women fades (at least slightly) and you begin to look for other things in life to enjoy.    

Even if I were to have no sexual interest having someone special to share life with would be highly important to me.

• Like 5

Castaway
Posted
Posted
On 9/12/2017 at 2:44 PM, bows00 said:

But what makes an expat decide, or even contemplate the idea of making it work in the Philippines?  If your still pondering, just re-read the title of my thread.  There is a reason why  male expats out number the female expats by over 80%.  It's all pretty obvious right?  Any comments?

I came to the Philippines to meet a Filipina (in person) that I fell in love with on FB (after texting and video-chatting with her for 8 years). Bear in mind, she was married during all of that time and I never had any desire at all to either visit or live in the Philippines... but when her hubby died at the age of 42 and she felt all alone, our hearts connected in a very big way.

It didn’t take that much time for me to buy a plane ticket to come over here and before I knew what was happening, I was married to my Filipina... but if truth be told, I would have traveled to any country to be with her.

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

The OP is from Hawaii with a very large community of Filipinos/Filipinas.  Many are already "westernized" which may affected their homegrown Filipino values.  If one could spend some time in a Filipino community, you may find some that are still "fresh of the boat" with their innocence, basic family values and down to earth beauty and grace.  

Voodoo Eyes.JPG

My question is.....why go to the Philippines when you can find thousands of opportunities to meet and greet in Hawaii?  

Edited by Jake
spel chek
  • Like 2

Castaway
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jake said:

My question is.....why go to the Philippines when you can find thousands of opportunities to meet and greet in Hawaii?  

I'm also curious as to 'why' since I lived and worked in Hawaii (from 1980 - 1982) and I met so many beautiful young women in Hawaii (not just beautiful young Filipinas but also beautiful young women of Japanese, Chinese, Polynesian and mixed-race backgrounds).

If I wasn't given a promotion by the government to return to the mainland, I could have easily married a beautiful Filipina as well as any other beautiful woman in Hawaii.

Plus, in many ways, Hawaii can be considered to be a 'first world' version of the Philippines... so why leave it to come to the Philippines? Just saying.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Castaway said:

Hawaii can be considered to be a 'first world' version of the Philippines... so why leave it to come to the Philippines?

champagne dreams - beer budget.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 9/12/2017 at 3:37 PM, davewe said:

It's been 6 weeks since I moved here and I know that while my reasons are not unique they are different than average. I married my Pinay wife 4 years ago so I did not come here for the women. One is enough (sometimes more than enough) for me. Many people assume we moved here because of my wife, but it's not true. While she's happy to be home and see her family more often, I was the motivator. I told my wife before we married that I would be retiring in a few years, would be moving abroad, and more than likely moving to the Philippines. We did consider a couple other options for about a hot second (Thailand for example) but in the end the only question was where to live in the Philippines.

Now why would I come here when the Internet is faster in the US and I can get all the toilet paper my poor old loboot needs!

1. Stress: People say they move because of the money and I did too in a way, but the truth is I made good money and could have continued but for the stress of living in a society where pressure and excessive stress are considered normal. I came to hate it and couldn't wait to ditch work and the stress of the life I was leading. Some expats disrespect Filipinos, but I can't deny that they manage to live what is often a hard life with a smile on their face.

2. Work in old age: At 64 I was "the old guy". At a huge corporation in a division of nearly 1000, I was the oldest employee. Almost every other 60+ engineer had been downsized or offered packages to leave. Instead of the fantasy of being looked upon with the respect that I earned, I was viewed with just a bit of contempt, as in "when is he gonna get out of the way." For my part I smiled, made the best of it, did my job, collected my damn good paycheck, and left on my own terms. I retired May 1 and haven't thought of any of them since. I watched many people my age and older become invisible in my society and it scared me. I was ready to retire but not to hit the rocking chair and be ignored. I'm neither of those things in the Philippines.

3. Anger: Consistent with the stress is the anger in many of the Western countries. People routinely yell in stores. Road rage has become an epidemic. Regardless of who you supported the last election and its aftermath it's a great example of what's happening. People are furious and attack each other in the process. I just kept thinking, "six months and I'll be out of this hellhole."

4. Friendliness: It's an old cliche that Filipinos are friendly but let's not underestimate the power of that cliche. I love to walk and invariably someone (usually many) say "good morning" with a smile. I respond with "Maayang buntog," and its just possible, though I'm not sure, that I am smiling back.

There's 100 other reasons I retired here (sun and sand come to mind) but you get the idea.

As you know Dave we are on the same time span here. I agree very much with your post and am enjoying my time here.

I also find the people in the main, most friendly and hospitable, unlike where I came from.  I am not here for the women either after arriving with my partner of 5 plus years.  I close my  eyes and see what my home country was like in many respects 20 or so years ago, maybe more.  I am still readjusting.

The desire to do 'something different' still wells inside me and I am hopefully doing that.

• Like 4