Pets in the Philippines--do you have any?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Queenie O. said:

I couldn't deny treats too much to sweet dogs like those Jack!  I'm always loving the chubby older Labs too!:smile:

I'm the same and get myself in hot water about it But they are our Children EH? 

• Haha 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

MikeB-- seems like you and your wife have big hearts for a lot of animals!:smile:

Unfortunately, word got around and people started dropping off unwanted kittens inside the front gate. I named the the blind, starving orange cat Niwang, the Bisayan word for skinny but that didn't begin to describe her. More like the horrible concentration camp pictures. But she recovered and eventually was healthy and doing ok with the wife's family last I heard. Still blind though, possibly caused by severe malnutrition from birth. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, virginprune said:

We have two Labrador/Retrievers, they are 17 months old tomorrow, we got them at 45 days. They are brothers from the same litter,  one golden one black called Oscar and Rupert respectively. They are great fun, though naughty bordering on exasperating at times, we love them though and wouldn't change them as they bring so much joy into our lives. It is the first time that myself and my partner have ever had dogs but we are definitely converts now.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We hope to get a golden lab after we get our yard situated for a dog.  A black would be fine too.  My family back in the U.S. has a ton of black labs!  Great dogs!

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MikeB said:

Unfortunately, word got around and people started dropping off unwanted kittens inside the front gate. I named the the blind, starving orange cat Niwang, the Bisayan word for skinny but that didn't begin to describe her. More like the horrible concentration camp pictures. But she recovered and eventually was healthy and doing ok with the wife's family last I heard. Still blind though, possibly caused by severe malnutrition from birth. 

Well Mike, folks and animals know who care for them. It's remarkable if you see a dog that has been abused or neglected, when nursed and encouraged back to health, what a difference it can make!:smile:

Edited by Queenie O.
  • Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

SonJack, maybe you should ask to have the dog. He's already partly yours because you've cared for him:smile:

Maybe queenie what I worry about is if I do that and we want to travel will he get looked after.He isn`t looked after very well now but if we leave him and ask somebody else will they bother.

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, plant and dog

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Maybe queenie what I worry about is if I do that and we want to travel will he get looked after.He isn`t looked after very well now but if we leave him and ask somebody else will they bother.

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, plant and dog

Something to think about SonJack.  

He is a cute little dog--looks like a little fox.. 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Something to think about SonJack.  

He is a cute little dog--looks like a little fox.. 

His name is Wolfgang and I think he has some chihuahua in him.His owner was Pinoy but his grandfather was Swiss hence the name.

• Like 1