Mysterious Giant Sea Creatures: What Are They?

Castaway
Posted
Posted

Mystery sea creature baffles scientists after washing up on beach in the Philippines

A ROTTING, foul-smelling sea creature the size of a fighter jet has washed up in the Philippines, baffling scientists.

The Sun News Corp  Australia Network

September 26, 2017  1:15am

f5140b4e5601971ddf74431a39031c3b.jpg

A mystery creature has washed up on a beach in the Philippines. Picture: Facebook/Nujnuj CapistranoSource:Supplied

BEACHGOERS in the Philippines were left stunned when a mysterious creature the size of a fighter jet washed up on the shore.

The unknown sea-beast was found in the shallows off Maasin City, on the island of Leyte, The Sun reports.

Julius Alpino, from the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources, said the corpse could not be identified because it was already decomposing.

0c5bbc88f0d34aece4d8a2a4d22d24b4.jpg

The sea-beast was found in the shallows off Maasin City in the Philippines. Picture: Facebook/Nujnuj CapistranoSource:Supplied

However he said there was a chance that the creature could have been a whale.

Nujnuj Capistrano, 42, photographed the beast after spotting it as he was passing the beach.

He said: “I was just passing by the beach and took some photos but I don’t know about the details. I was surprised because it’s too big and it’s the first time I saw that kind of creature.

“I don’t know what they did with it but one thing is for sure, the creature was already dead when I saw it. The smell was too bad. I can’t describe it, but it was a bad smell.”

The city reportedly decided to tow the 10m creature back out to sea, saying it could not be buried because of its size and its smell, adding it was already a health hazard.

Several unusual sea creatures have been washing up on the islands following a deadly earthquake last week.

It prompted speculation that the sea creatures are able to “predict” or detect early tremors.

In this case, a massive white creature that appeared to be bleeding appeared on the coast.

d71ac69e53730c31b5d98e6315589124.jpg

Some have speculated that it is the carcass of a large whale.

It follows several sightings of typically elusive deep sea creature the oarfish in the Philippines.

Residents on Mindanao’s northern coast spotted a number of the 30ft long serpent-like fish in the days following a 6.7 quake that killed six and injured 120 more.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/animals/mystery-sea-creature-baffles-scientists-after-washing-up-on-beach-in-the-philippines/news-story/83c430ce697846006188b5b9d9506761

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/animals/mystery-as-massive-hairy-bloblike-monster-washes-up-on-beach-in-the-philippines/news-story/7be7c799eae4bf70229d8b46e9f02719

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Castaway said:

The city reportedly decided to tow the 10m creature back out to sea

But it will just wash up on the beach next tide?   I see so many filipinos tossing their dead dogs in the ocean and they also wash up on the beach.  

I suppose they could anchor it off shore until the crabs and other scavengers finish it off.  Crabs love that smell and it would make for a great harvest for the crab fishermen in a couple of months.  But chances are they will just tow it and leave it to wash back on the shore in someone else's back yard.

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Dang, talk about "double dead meat" that will be selling in the market next week.  Already flavored and salted......he, he.  

Edited by Jake
grammer check
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2