Posted
Posted

Well done Eddie, enjoy your retirement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Well done Eddie and congratulations on your retirement.  Have a safe trip to Phils.  You are going to a good spot in Dumaguete, which is where I had initially planned to go.  But as my wife is from Nth Luzon, in the end I had to be reasonable and settle somewhere closer to her family and children.  

But you are in hood hands with the guys from Dumaguete and am sure you will enjoy it there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Time to start living now. Congratulations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Congratulations mate .

• Thanks 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

May I add my congratulations on your retirement. 

I know you have made the right decision and wish you both a long and very enjoyable retirement.

Ken

• Thanks 1

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

Well, I finally got there.  Saturday 30th September 2017.  Retirement Day.  :smile:

4 months short of 30 years working for British Telecom (BT).   No more working outside in all weathers, no more dragging through the London traffic in my BT van.

Today I woke with a smile, to be honest since I had my retirement confirmed 2 weeks ago my own little world has been a happy place to be.  In the past 4 years since my ex broke our marriage life has been challenging and to be honest, often quite lonely.

BUT THAT WAS THEN AND NOW IS NOW!!

I am SO looking forward to the next chapter of my life.  I truly cannot wait to be in the Philippines, to meet Noime again, its been 1.5 years since we were last together.  I know that there will be challenging days ahead, after all it is the Phils, Lol,  but in my opinion it's far better to have them challenging days relaxing in the sun on the beach or amongst friends having a beer or two on the boulevard.  I was in Dumaguete last year and also the previous year, I have a few friends there already plus I also count our own forum members living there as friends, hopefully the friendships will grow in strength.   Steve (Always RT) was living a couple of doors away from me last year at Hermogina Apartments and I also had the pleasure of meeting DaveH, Jack and Kev for a beer down on the boulevard, I am really looking forward to meeting them all again asap, plus I believe Davewe has also joined them.  Hopefully the boys monthly meeting will have grown from 3 to 6, Lol.

There has only been one  big negative in this move for me, I had to give up my dog Smudge, an adorable old Cocker Spaniel I had since he was just a puppy, he will be 13 years old next week. Very sad.... but it is what it is, it had to be done.

We all know the old saying  "Is a glass half empty or half full?"  Well, for me today my glass is overflowing with joy, bring it on.  The Philippines and all that it holds, good and bad will be my new home.   Can't wait to be there!!!

:56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

Congrsts! Talk about deja vu. I retired in May, stayed in the Hermogina Apts. for 2 months, and also had to make the tough decision to leave my dog behind.

Good luck and look forward to meeting you soon!

Edited by davewe
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Gosh mate is it really 1.5 years since we all had lunch Together At Co Co's

Best of Luck my friend, we will await your arrival and we can raise a Glass a Glass together. :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Feeling happy for you buddy ,hope the dream all goes well 

bigpearl
Posted
Posted

Congrats and well done Eddie, enjoy and prosper, my turn is coming but in the mean time get out there and do it.

Cheers, Steve.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

The journey begins Eddie, good luck with your new life direction