This one takes the Biscuit (Photo call!) in a Silliman CR

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Can anyone tell me why CR's have no seats, it doesn't matter where you go, there all the same.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Can anyone tell me why CR's have no seats, it doesn't matter where you go, there all the same

Gary hinted at it here

9 hours ago, Gary D said:

it is unsafe when you squat on the bowl.

If there is a seat, and the user does not lift it up, then it is unsafe to squat on it as it is not usually very solid and will likely break.  If you don't squat to do your business then you are not a true filipino :photo-109:

• Haha 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mogo51 said:

That CR seems about the norm here.

Not in this house but I take your Point

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Interview your daughter about her toilet protocol. Girls are taught in the Philippines to "hover" above the bowl. No direct contact with the bowl is cleaner with or without a seat.

That's why cover is either broken or not there.

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, RBM said:

That's why cover is either broken or not there.

Well I spoke to my daughter as a daughter and NOT interview her as a suspect but it appears that not long after there is a new one, it disappears, I can only guess that some of these so called rich Parents are happy to be made a gift of Toilet seats from their Kids for Home use :hystery:

Laugh all you like my friends but this seems to be a fact but I can tell you that my daughter  tells us she was never taught to Hover at all, in fact she tells me somewhat ashamedly that it is difficult to reach the Dipper when Hovering :89: ( I will leave that to your minds)  :mellow:

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Interview your daughter about her toilet protocol. Girls are taught in the Philippines to "hover" above the bowl. No direct contact with the bowl is cleaner with or without a seat.

Sorry JJ but in our house we Talk to our Daughter not interview,  Her Toilet protocol is not in question here, the fact that the state of the CR and it's missing Seat Are :wink:

• Like 3

Castaway
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If you don't squat to do your business then you are not a true filipino :photo-109:

Health Alert You're Taking a Crap Wrong! This Is How You Poop Properly

Your entire life has been a lie. Mario does not hit blocks with his head, footlong subs are never really 12 inches long, and those paper ketchup cups at fast food joints aren't just little cups. And that's not the worst of it. What I'm about to tell you next is the revelation of all revelations.

You're Taking a Crap the Wrong Way

Yeah, you read that right. We've been going to the bathroom wrong since the rise of Western civilization, and the creation of the modern pedestal toilet has only cemented this incorrect usage deeper into our genes.

How to Poop Properly

According to Rebekah Kim, a colorectal surgeon at the Center for Pelvic Floor Disorders at VirginiaHospitalCenter, squatting can reduce the amount of straining on a toilet. Recent studies have even shown that using this more "natural" position for your number two will require less "excessive expulsive effort" and can significantly cut down on defecation time.

What's more astonishing is that this idea isn't very new. People have been squatting when nature calls since, well, before humans were even humans. And while it hasn't been very common in the US for a very long time, the medical community has actually fought for the squat. According to Bockus Gastroenterology, the standard textbook on the subject written by Dr. Henry L. Bockus back in 1964:

The ideal posture for defecation is the squatting position, with the thighs flexed upon the abdomen. In this way the capacity of the abdominal cavity is greatly diminished and intra-abdominal pressure increased, thus encouraging expulsion of the fecal mass.

The reason for this is the puborectalis muscle.

In the Encyclopedia of Gastroenterology, William E. Whitehead says that the puborectalis is a sling muscle that loops around the rectum and "can be voluntarily contracted to further pinch off the rectum from the anal canal and prevent accidental passage of formed stool."

Basically, it acts like a drawstring for your rectum and maintains continence. When you sit on the toilet, its hold on the rectum is loosened, but only partially. When you're squatting, however, the hold is completely relaxed, allowing for an easier time releasing your bowels.

https://medical-diagonosis.wonderhowto.com/how-to/health-alert-youre-taking-crap-wrong-is-you-poop-properly-0139696/

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Castaway said:

The ideal posture for defecation is the squatting position, with the thighs flexed upon the abdomen. In this way the capacity of the abdominal cavity is greatly diminished and intra-abdominal pressure increased, thus encouraging expulsion of the fecal mass.

What a load of Crap on my Topic and in any case I believe the term used was Hover, not squat

Now maybe we can get back on Topic.  Thank you.jpg :thumbsup:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 10/3/2017 at 9:08 AM, Jack Peterson said:

Apparently, Yesterday, my Princess (tm) dropped her phone into a WC. Now as it happens there was not a lot of Water in it she tells us BUT there could have been so before fishing it out she shouts for a camera cos this is Funny for FB. Yeah! very funny at 18.000 peso for this piece of equipment but it's ok if Ma can't fix it Dad will get me another. confused-man.png Strange that I had not been told about this until I saw it on the page my wife was looking at last night.

phone in toilet.jpg

Now there is a more serious side to this. Have a close look at the  WC and its lack of maintenance and lack of a Seat . Yes it is all about Money and for Silliman  University at 55.000+ peso per year fees for Senior High I think the CR issue here  phone photo.jpg  is Disgraceful.

My rant for today I hope    :508:       :smile: 

Makes my rant about 2 mice seem insignificant now.

• Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

Makes my rant about 2 mice seem insignificant now.

Oooops.jpg embarrased  man.jpg Sorry Mate I will take the Blame on that One:thumbsup:

• Like 1