Durian: Fruit or Chemical Weapon

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Now ain't that the darndest thing I know this about Durian but my Last but one of this seasons Jack Fruits has started to give off that "I am Ripe smell, So off it comes Tomorrow cut and sold at the Sori, Sori for, 10 pesos a slice. We get 8 peso so it looks a big one & should make her about 400 peso and I don't get the smell  :wink:

Edited by Jack Peterson
a little punctuation if you don't mind
  • Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Yeah, I just can't get passed the smell of Durian, Jackfruit I find OK, either way certainly wouldn't one to fall on my head. :tiphat:

I guess that's a problem Kuya!c00390fb6e88801dccdbd943d2218119 (2).jpg:smile:  I actually like the tastes of jackfruit too..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kuya M
Posted
Posted

Capture.JPG

Jake
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, BrettGC said:

I'm a bit weird, but you already knew that, but I actually like the smell.  Why?  Having spent much of my adult life in SE Asia I have many fond memories and in countries like Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore (back in the day), Brunei and of course The Philippines where those memories were made,  and many of those memories are evoked by the smell of that particular fruit.   Over the years I've acquired a taste for it, I can eat it without any trouble and whilst I don't ever really crave it, quite enjoy it.  I liken it to the first time as a young fella I first tasted whiskey or any other hard liquor; couldn't stand it to begin with but I now enjoy a good single malt.

Ironically, in Singapore and Malaysia where durian is everywhere, it's in those two countries where most motels ban it on their premises. 

Such is the life of  the Royal Australian Navy -- the whole South East Asia was your backyard!

Well done Chief Warrant Officer Brett!      Respectfully Jake, retired USN surface puke

• Like 1