Big Head

stevewool
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, BrettGC said:

I have a big head.  When I was in the Navy my hats had to be ordered in specially, my hat size is "XL" (23.5 - 24inch, 59-61cm). I have a shaved head, it's a sunburn magnet.  

Now the problem is this:  I prefer broad brim hats to cover all the real estate up there as well as my neck but I don't like "floppy" hats, I prefer fedoras etc.  I don't like ball caps.  I'll be back in Phils next week but don't want to travel with my expensive broad brimmers as they're likely to be crushed etc on the plane.  It is bloody difficult to find a hat in Phils that fits me. 

Any other cranially abundant members have a solution for me? 

And yes, I learnt my lesson with clothing sizes there years back.  "L" here in Australia translates to at least "XL" there.  

All hail the land of the diminutive!

http://www.ubs.iastate.edu/hat_sizing_chart.html

What about a Balaclava, that would cover everything .

• Haha 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Keep in mind that it's the same with motorcycle helmets. If you need a large one, bring your own.

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted

I feel sorry for the Filipina that has to give birth to your big headed kids...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, BrettGC said:

I have a big head.  When I was in the Navy my hats had to be ordered in specially, my hat size is "XL" (23.5 - 24inch, 59-61cm). I have a shaved head, it's a sunburn magnet.  

Now the problem is this:  I prefer broad brim hats to cover all the real estate up there as well as my neck but I don't like "floppy" hats, I prefer fedoras etc.  I don't like ball caps.  I'll be back in Phils next week but don't want to travel with my expensive broad brimmers as they're likely to be crushed etc on the plane.  It is bloody difficult to find a hat in Phils that fits me. 

Any other cranially abundant members have a solution for me? 

And yes, I learnt my lesson with clothing sizes there years back.  "L" here in Australia translates to at least "XL" there.  

All hail the land of the diminutive!

http://www.ubs.iastate.edu/hat_sizing_chart.html

You obviously needed the extra room to accommodate all your intelligence Brett.  Safe trip.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I brought my favorite cowboy hat four years ago.  Wore it onto the plane and then carefully stowed it in the overhead during flight.  Worked fine.  If no room in the overhead the stewardess would probably be willing to put it up front where it was safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

How about a folding Panama hat? One of those that can be rolled-up and fitted into a cigar tube. :56da64aa52228_23_9_101:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Go native. Get a hunk of cardboard one size fits all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, bows00 said:

I feel sorry for the Filipina that has to give birth to your big headed kids...

Those days are over for me.   I love my vasectomy!

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, not so old china hand said:

How about a folding Panama hat? One of those that can be rolled-up and fitted into a cigar tube. :56da64aa52228_23_9_101:

I didn't even know they existed!  Just found this:

http://www.hatsbythe100.com.au/mens/foldable-hats.html

Thanks for the tip :smile:

• Like 1