Cruise Ships In Subic Bay?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I'll believe it when I see it, but they seem serious!  There are other articles with this news as well.

http://www.1bataan.com/caribbean-cruise-to-dock-at-sbma/

I will welcome infrastructure improvement but they have a lot of work to do!  The Freeport is fairly beat up in some places but slowly improving.  Some of the Navy infrastructure needs to be replaced.

A related article:

http://www.hellenicshippingnews.com/sbma-sets-p2-46-billion-repair-of-subic-ports/

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

There was talk about cruise ships going into Cebu about a year ago. Did anything happen?

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Gary D said:

There was talk about cruise ships going into Cebu about a year ago. Did anything happen?

I haven't heard anything about that Gary.  They're planning on starting a seaplane business to quickly fly tourists who are pressed for travel time, to beaches and attractions in the north and south of Cebu.

Jake
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I'll believe it when I see it, but they seem serious!  There are other articles with this news as well.

Wow, I better inform my cousin, who is the master PADI coin diver on "Chit River" to gather all his gang to practice their synchronized swimming routine.  That bridge at main gate needs to be renovated so that the rich tourists can stay and enjoy our welcome of "Hey Joe.....throw me coin".  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jake said:

Wow, I better inform my cousin, who is the master PADI coin diver on "Chit River" to gather all his gang to practice their synchronized swimming routine.  That bridge at main gate needs to be renovated so that the rich tourists can stay and enjoy our welcome of "Hey Joe.....throw me coin".  

Jake, if you read that second link, reopening that main gate bridge to traffic is on the project list.

That area of chit river is a little less chitty these days.  Lots of people are fishing there.  I'll pass on the BBQ chitty fish.

• Like 1

Sunshine
Posted
Posted

I heard that you can fly from Manila to subic airport is that true? 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I heard that you can fly from Manila to subic airport is that true? 

I'm not aware of any schedule services.  You can probably charter.