Life Starts Afresh as a New ExPat.

bows00
Posted
Posted

Thanks Eddie, nice to hear another success story.  Will be joining you in about 68 days, but whose counting?  

Just curious, how old are you? And what is your plan for maintaining your VISA?  I am contemplating if I should go for the SRRV, but dishing out $10,000 to the Philippines bank feels a bit risky to me.     

Dumaguete is a pretty cool town if you don't mind the air pollution in the city.  

• Thanks 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, bows00 said:

Dumaguete is a pretty cool town if you don't mind the air pollution in the city. 

That can be managed just like shopping or driving through town by being aware of where in the city you are at what time of day. Not the days/weeks/months of smog like LA or Beijing. More of a sucking fumes in traffic or sitting outside at a resto at the wrong time of day. 

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

That can be managed just like shopping or driving through town by being aware of where in the city you are at what time of day. Not the days/weeks/months of smog like LA or Beijing. More of a sucking fumes in traffic or sitting outside at a resto at the wrong time of day. 

I don`t live far from you and I agree with what you write.Stay out of town during rush and if you need to go North or south along the national rd you can avoid the town by taking the back roads.You then miss all the traffic fumes. If you look at Dumaguete city from Valencia you don`t see the smog hanging over the city like you do with a lot of other cities I have visited.

• Like 3

davewe
Posted
Posted

Hi Eddie:

Congrats. I am just a couple months ahead of you and this is all deja vu for me, including the Hermogina Apartments, where we to landed.

Look forward to meeting.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1