It's OK a famous 68 year old guy gets his young wife pregnant but not....

bows00
Posted
Posted

35?  Why so old?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Mr-T
Posted
Posted

I did walk around the mall in the U.S. with my 31 yrs junior filipino wife. Did get some dirty looks from the fat out a shape unattractive older women. most likely divorcees. Fathered our daughter at age 63. now a happy and bright 12 yrs. old. Presently we live in the Ph. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

When living in Canada, I dated a 20 something year old white, Canadian girl after my divorce.  I was about 46 at the time.  My brother and his wife were throwing a New Year's Eve party and invited me, saying I could bring a date.  My brother and wife were both about 39 at that time as were most of their circle of friends.

Now here's what happened (as I remember it):  My young date did not know anyone else but me at the party.  So the other guys wives all went into the kitchen to "hen party" and my date sat quietly on my lap for the evening as I sat and visited with the guys.  All the guys were thrilled with my date and as we left they all gave me a pat on the back and said they were glad we could come.  My brother gave me the thumbs up of approval also (she was quite cute).

So two days later I get a phone call from my brother.  I am not allowed to bring that girl to his house any more because his wife and all the other ladies did not like her.  No further explanation was given, draw your own conclusions.

My summation?  I) Its not just filipinas that go for older guys  2) Its the women who get their nose out of joint  3) Canada is more prejudiced about age gap relationships than any other kind.  By that I mean they accept interracial, same sex, and multiple partner relationships more easily than age gaps.  

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

Darn it Ron!!:571c66d400c8c_1(103)::hystery:

I should know better than  posting stuff just before bedtime.

Sorry if If I disturbed your slumber. :89:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Don't know what all the fuss is about, maybe after an early pay out. Then again, my wife carries my glasses in her bag when we're over there, even in Jolly Bee while we're eating, can't see the tender young drumsticks. :hystery: 

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I found it hard not to look and comment when seeing this on my first trip to the Phils, and like many have said over here in the west it would be frowned upon.

But now i see it as if the person can provide for his partner and child for the rest of there life , well whats it got to do with anyone else, i am still against the ones who like a bit of rolly polly and then move onto the other girl.

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Old55 said:

Billy Joel 68 and his 35 year old wife are expecting a baby soon.

And here's me thinking he was gay!

I don't think they would be noticed in Philippines, unless the zimmer frame was a bright colour.

In UK they might get a second look, depending on how old they both appear. ( Don't worry she's my carer, it works everytime :thumbsup: )

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

And here's me thinking he was gay!

I don't think they would be noticed in Philippines, unless the zimmer frame was a bright colour.

In UK they might get a second look, depending on how old they both appear. ( Don't worry she's my carer, it works everytime :thumbsup: )

Or "I'd like you to meet my adopted daughter/son" works in some situations, But at the end of the day let the gossip roll as long as the couple are happy and comfortable in their relationship and are accepted as a couple by those that matter. 

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 2

Mr-T
Posted
Posted

Love my wife, mature educated and smart girl now age 43 and  still looking good. Best thing i ever did, was married for 32 yrs. to the ex. Could see things going down hill for me. Got a lot of flack from some relatives but their problem, not mines. 

• Like 3

davewe
Posted
Posted
On 10/19/2017 at 4:32 AM, Old55 said:

How do you suppose the reaction would be if one of our forum members that age were to be walking through a typical Western mall hand in hand with their 35 year old pregnant Filipina wife?

Those who know me would say - "35? You finally went after an older one."

But to give the obvious answer - yes, many people are judgmental about it. BTW, some guys married to Filipinas are judgmental about it which I find odd.

After a bit most of my friends and relatives (though not all) settled down about the age gap thing after we were married. However I did have several women friends say they were OK with my marrying Janet but please don't have any kids with her; all the typical "it's not fair - bla bla bla." 

The advantage of getting older is not only do I not care what other think but since both my hearing and eyesight are not what the used to be I don't hear or see most of the negativity.

In all fairness I do also have to say that many people were very positive about our marriage, so the judgmental thing is not universal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1