Day trip to Baguio

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mogo51 said:

She had a good day out, as I did, except for the bus ride home.

Just a thought Ron, next time, do as Azons late boss used to do. Take a leisurely drive up, Stay at a hotel with Parking facilities, Shop the next Morning the Drive home later or stay another night and have a mini break 2 birds with one stone EH? :wink:

• Like 4

Castaway
Posted
Posted

Been there twice and I love all of the same things that Baguio has to offer.

Overall, my favorite part is the climate... it's nice to be able to stay cool without needing an aircon in your hotel room.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Castaway said:

Been there twice and I love all of the same things that Baguio has to offer.

Overall, my favorite part is the climate... it's nice to be able to stay cool without needing an aircon in your hotel room.

Understood but I am not sure this is Ron's concern. More its proximity to where he lives and what it entails to get  a decent escape :thumbsup: but at least he has a few pointers

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, mogo51 said:

If it were not for the hills everywhere there and the roads, it would be where I would live.  The weekends are very bad for traffic congestion, nexrnt time mid week trip me thinks.

She had a good day out, as I did, except for the bus ride home.

Enjoy Ron and not on a bus, take your car and explore in the middle of the week, been twice by bus and dropped downtown, hairy ride going up and down, Take the car in the middle of the week as we have done for the last 2 years and enjoy, you are in control and don't  forget to visit the BenCab museum either on the way up of down, interesting stop for a few hours or longer if you have not been there. 

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g298445-d1583329-Reviews-BenCab_Museum-Baguio_Benguet_Province_Cordillera_Region_Luzon.html

As for hills and or mountains, Drive through Switzerland to Milan or the Amalfi scenic route, the interesting mountain climbs through Crete or Sicily up to Mt Etna; Do this yourself, traffic or no being independent and avoiding public transport  especially in PH goes without saying. Getting there by public transport seems to work but independence wins the day. Choices.

Cheers, Steve

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, bigpearl said:

don't  forget to visit the BenCab museum either on the way up of down, interesting stop for a few hours or longer if you have not been there. 

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g298445-d1583329-Reviews-BenCab_Museum-Baguio_Benguet_Province_Cordillera_Region_Luzon.html

I concur. Ben Cab is a nice half day visit. There is a nice little cafe there to get a fresh brewed coffee and turon after you hike the eco trail.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Ron,

You highlight many of the things I love about Baguio. Too bad it has become overrun at times by tourists.

mogo51
Posted
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Just a thought Ron, next time, do as Azons late boss used to do. Take a leisurely drive up, Stay at a hotel with Parking facilities, Shop the next Morning the Drive home later or stay another night and have a mini break 2 birds with one stone EH? :wink:

Could be a plan thanks Jack.

Edited by mogo51

mogo51
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, earthdome said:

Ron,

You highlight many of the things I love about Baguio. Too bad it has become overrun at times by tourists.

Yes my thoughts are the same earthdome, having lived in Pattaya for 8 years, not really wanting to do the same thing again.  The weather was just so pleasant, if I could find some flat land out of the humdrum but with the requirements I want ie. good internet, it would be my next move location.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, earthdome said:

I concur. Ben Cab is a nice half day visit. There is a nice little cafe there to get a fresh brewed coffee and turon after you hike the eco trail.

Is it on the Marcos Highway side into Baguio, certainly have not seen this on the  Bauang side?  But looks like an interesting museum, will put on the 'check out' list.