Our baby's hospital stay

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Gerald Glatt said:

Do you have to buy your philhealth separate from wife and family?  Glad the little on id better. 

I'm on my wife's plan as a dependent, and so far so good, after the supposed changes.  The changes were effective in June, I think?

I used Philhealth in September at the ophthalmologist.  I had to show them the MDR with me on it as a dependent, and when they looked it up in the system, no problem.  Saved me p3000 on a test there, I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

So I hope the twins will be healthy so Katy can play with them.  We are going to have keep a close eye on them and keep them away from the short wall that creates the perfect germ warfare environment!

I dont see much point. I mean one can pick up a virus anywhere. Shopping malls or the crowded street. Schools are notorious for spreading virus but no one can keep the kids home every day.   

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm the guy who keeps saying he is going to get Pacific Cross and the brochure remains here on my desk!

This ad was on Facebook yesterday. Might be of interest, https://www.paramountdirect.com/products/health-medical-insurance-philippines/phc

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I dont see much point. I mean one can pick up a virus anywhere. Shopping malls or the crowded street. Schools are notorious for spreading virus but no one can keep the kids home every day.   

To be more specific, I meant playing with them at that wall where they are face to face, inches apart.  We will need to let them play in another area, but that area happens to be where they can easily meet up.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I meant playing with them at that wall where they are face to face, inches apart. 

Point taken here but I have to wonder at times if we as parents do enough on our own health issues and the Health of others in the house as we are in Direct contact with children, For me here, my daughter takes the sort of care she is taught about illnesses yet she never seems to bother when at home  just now both my Wife and helper are having Colds, Like Charity, many things start at home and this I feel can be overlooked at times.:thumbsup:

JMO here :smile:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

just now both my Wife and helper are having Colds,

Tis the season!  And with all that flooding down there, even worse!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Tis the season!  And with all that flooding down there, even worse!

Hmmm maybe but  no need to spread it around EH?  That was my Meaning, we keep the young ones away from others yet give them ours :wink:

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

If you can remember seeing clips on Asian countries, a lot of them use surgical face masks during flu season, helps prevent and spread diseases. I know kids don't like using them, but draw a little picture were the mouth is and make it into a game, kids are easily conned, a bit like us oldies.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This ad was on Facebook yesterday. Might be of interest, https://www.paramountdirect.com/products/health-medical-insurance-philippines/phc

These plans are for people in their 50s-70s, although I did see one aimed at ages 20-50. The OP needs medical insurance for his kids. The rates are cheap but so is coverage. Maximum surgical benefit for the top tier plan is p80k. Even in the Philippines that's not a lot. If something major happens you're going to owe a lot of money. Read and consider carefully.

It's important to teach kids to cover their mouths when they sneeze or cough. I saw precious little of that in the Phils. Not surprising since the most of parents don't do it either. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, MikeB said:

It's important to teach kids to cover their mouths when they sneeze or cough. I saw precious little of that in the Phils. Not surprising since the most of parents don't do it either. 

:smile:Please refer to my earlier Post. Thanks Mike for this to support my view :thumbsup: