In The Dead Of Night Hail Mary Chanters

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Their chanting is a calling to get the lazy buggers out of bed to go to church, think on the flip side, if your awake at 4 am, many a good thing can happen if the mind wanders, and you might get a :Yes:answer to your thoughts.

• Like 1

Lou49
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, russellmania said:

Im not gonna be rude about it. Example..Excuse me ladies! But if you don't mind my bedroom window is right here and its 4am and your chanting is disturbing my rest. If its all the same to you can you turn down the volume as you pass or detour to another street? if they are reasonable people it shouldn't be a problem. My street is a cul-de-sac horseshoe,sort of in and back out to the main road. NOT in the path to the Guadalupe Church. I would understand if my street leads directly to the church and they HAD to walk pass my place to get there

Do you have a garden hose ?

• Haha 1

goldbrick
Posted
Posted (edited)

It is their country and their religious freedom. You could buy some earplugs and close the window.

Edited by Old55
Edited to soften the wording. Please be kind.
  • Like 4

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted

I see no problem with the prayer procession. I fact, I like hearing it.  It's a welcome change from the West; where they have removed the 10 Commandments from public view, etc.  And now, look how toxic that society has become.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, russellmania said:

Ok..I have been coming to the Phils since 2005,retired here in 2015. This is a first for me. Lately the last 3 saturday nights at exactly 4am I hear HAIL MARY, over and over by 5 or 6 filipino women walking slowly down my street. I sleep with windows open most nights because this neighborhood is quiet. No dogs barking etc etc. I hear them before they get walk past my place holding candles and it seems as they turned the corner I hear them singing for the 1st time and not xmas carols. Is this a normal tradition or what?

We had exactly the same when I lived in Dalaguete,we call it the travelling church.

• Haha 1

russellmania
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, goldbrick said:

It is their country and their religious freedom. You could buy some earplugs and close the window.

Yeah that's another solution , but I'll save that as my last resort.

russellmania
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

I see no problem with the prayer procession. I fact, I like hearing it.  It's a welcome change from the West; where they have removed the 10 Commandments from public view, etc.  And now, look how toxic that society has become.

I have no problem with prayer procession except in the wee morning hour of 4am chanting loudly. How about soft chanting im sure God can still hear their prayers.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, russellmania said:

I have no problem with prayer procession except in the wee morning hour of 4am chanting loudly. How about soft chanting im sure God can still hear their prayers.

I suffered this for years in Spain, But there at least the observed a Silent march every 10/15 mins :huh:

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

We should be happy that there are still christian belief around. In Europe many countries are doing everything to turn them into a califate in 30 years.

• Like 3