Christmas is coming, what gifts

bows00
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

This is what our family did for years, but only for the adults.  We still buy the kids stuff.

Same here, but we didn't have any small kids for awhile until this year.  That new addition will be spoiled.  

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I am not buying any adults gifts on my side. Period. Only the kids. More than a dozen rug rats. But no adults except maybe my pure and perfect grandmothers. I will be spending enough on Noche Buena as it is.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, bows00 said:

Same here, but we didn't have any small kids for awhile until this year.  That new addition will be spoiled.  

Strange, we were the same.  Probably 10 years + without kids, then a small explosion the last few years.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I'm working on Christmas day and so is my youngest daughter ,So this year we are all meeting on Xmas Eve ,a restaurant has been booked and I pay half and my family donate the rest ,we are also doing a secret santa amongst ourselves . There should be a new family member this year ,expected any day now is my first grandchild.

I will spend about £1000.00 GB pounds on gifts and the meal 

I do however miss those Xmas,s in the past ,watching my children open their presents ,perhaps I will see my grandchildren do the same one year in the future

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 11/28/2017 at 11:39 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Are you sure?  Even the church choirs coming to my gate have been looking for donations to the church, in my experience.  The differences I saw are:  There are more of them in the group, they sing better, and they expect 100 donation rather than a few pesos.

We had our only carolers of the season last night, Christmas Eve.  I heard singing close by and when I peeked out, there was a large group at the other half of our duplex, and they were good!  Turns out that they were from my neighbor's Korean church and they were visiting church member's houses.  My neighbor had some refreshments ready for them.  After playing with my kids for a while they piled back into a big truck and headed for their next destination.  I don't think any money was exchanged.

Lou49
Posted
Posted

For my Christmas present I want to take a bubble bath with Julia Roberts but she is not returning my calls. 

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Lou49 said:

Julia Roberts but she is not returning my calls. 

She is in Canada  I hear :whistling: Nah!Oooops.jpg Forget that she is Too mature now:hystery:  (Think about it:89:)

Jack:christmas_emoticons_187:

Merry Christmas Morning to you all:71161:

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)

Took the wife to the metro centre here in Newcastle and there was a budget and I did say it's up to you what you buy.

Well that lasted for about 5 minutes, how much for that,are you sure you want it,this is the third bag you say you like, in the end I had to walk away or we would have fell out.

Yes I know I said it's her choice and I do know Emma well enough to know she likes lots of gifts to open , but why o why does she need another bag and a small one at that, where was MY glasses going to fit anyway.

Well after some food we was back shopping cloths,more cloths,the most expensive trainers I have ever brought plus a box set of Game of Thrones we was finished and no bag was brought, by the way I brought myself a DVD Hawksaw Ridge, and wHat will I get you may ask, cash in the bank then I can shop in the sales later.

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas one and all.

Edited by stevewool
  • Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well I didn`t get away with P500 instead I took her out and she bought what she wanted.Cost a bit more than P500 but I`m worth it.

• Like 1