SBMA ballpark rents

marine6357
Posted
Posted

I was wondering if anyone can help me with some ballpark prices on renting in or near SBMA area. I have tried searching on line with no such luck. I know it will be a boots on the ground type of thing but just looking to see if my budget will be enough for a simple life there. To give a little info about me I am retired collecting SSDI will be coming there next year to retire, I drink about 2 beers a month, eat a healthy diet have no health problems and will be living there with just my future wife. She is a RN from the PI and we met here in Canada recently. We have been chatting for over 6 months. So any help would be appreciated.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, marine6357 said:

I was wondering if anyone can help me with some ballpark prices on renting in or near SBMA area. I have tried searching on line with no such luck. I know it will be a boots on the ground type of thing but just looking to see if my budget will be enough for a simple life there. To give a little info about me I am retired collecting SSDI will be coming there next year to retire, I drink about 2 beers a month, eat a healthy diet have no health problems and will be living there with just my future wife. She is a RN from the PI and we met here in Canada recently. We have been chatting for over 6 months. So any help would be appreciated.

If you look on OLX you will probably see some rentals inside the freeport and the asking price will be high.  You should be able to get them for 5-10 k less when you actually look at the property.  I would make a wild guestimate and say that in the Kalayaan and Binictican you will find rents as low as 20k (rare) and as high as 60-80 k, but the average for a nice decent 3 br might be 35-40 k.  I'm not sure how big you are looking for but in the freeport, most of the old Navy housing is 3 or 4 BR.  There are a few 2 BR.

As always, boots on the ground is best as there will be signs out for places that are not on the internet.

If you go outside the freeport into Olongapo, different ballgame with much lower rents and all the normal problems associated with Filipino neighborhoods.  There are some nicer areas with lots of western style houses, such as Gordon Heights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

And an additional note: In the SBMA area you will have to rely on own transportation because the available public transport is not dense (every 15 min in some areas in peak hours up to one ride every hour in off peak and no service except taxis in the night) or ridiculous expensive (taxis).

Rentals are very high priced as already mentioned in the post above.