How I love my refrigerator

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Hard to change people's ways. Bet with the fridge fixed when you are not there they still won't be using it. :xmastree_40_anim_gif:

• Haha 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Hard to change people's ways. Bet with the fridge fixed when you are not there they still won't be using it. :xmastree_40_anim_gif:

You are undoubtedly correct, sir.   But it won't be any skin off my nose. Besides, if she wants to save me some electricity costs.... I shall deeply give a servile bow to her majesty's desires for frugality.       :santa_smiley:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

True JGF, but at least the gasket will be sealed. :smile:

It's true about ManofColdland's repair observations. We have a very large General Electric refrigerator purchased in 2007, that lay idle in our house in Borbon, and only operated during yearly visits until we finally moved to Cebu permanently.  It has had it's share of repairs because of that,  but now is our faithful ref that continues to serve us well.  The repairmen that have worked on it acquired the spare parts, and labor has been cheap. My husband is handy, and one time replaced a part purchased on Manalili Street in Cebu City where all parts are found.  A reliable ref is a big desire for we expats I would think, along with freezers and aircons.  I think that MOCL will still be able to experience cold (ref) on his move here! :71161:

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Agree Sir,  we are just 2 and a helper but have 3 refs, one pretty much exclusive for my refreshments.....Could not do without them.

125$ US an hour for auto repairs......hard to imagine.

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, RBM said:

Agree Sir,  we are just 2 and a helper but have 3 refs, one pretty much exclusive for my refreshments.....Could not do without them.

125$ US an hour for auto repairs......hard to imagine.

But, 'tis true.  A good shop, with property taxes, business taxes, accountant fees, subscriptions to the latest tech trouble shooting service hotlines, diagnostic equip, special tools, technical training,  computer systems and services, employee benefits, heating , electrical bills, parts ordering......... lots of stuff besides the wage of the poor bloke that turns the wrench for a fraction of the stated rate.  This is the 21st century where the people who do the actual physical work reap only a small fraction of your paid for cost of service. That's why its usually better to cut out the myriad of middle men when possible and do it yourself when able......OR HAVE IT DONE:SugarwareZ-005: WHEN LIVING IN THE PHILIPPINES ! 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

These old Kelvinators last forever, almost.

kelvinator.jpg

• Like 3