Don't Answer That Question!

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

There are a number of questions that seem to strike fear into a man's heart, at least this man anyway.  Perhaps the most famous example is; "Does this dress make me look fat?"  My wife ask me a question yesterday while we were driving from Moalboal to Carcar to visit the vet clinic for our new puppy.  I was driving and she said; "How do the other drivers keep their cars looking so nice, without any dents or scrapes?"

I could have said "they do not use the sound system while backing", or even "reminds me of your Buick Park Avenue when we lived in the US".  What I did do instead was consider the possible ramifications of those answers and said; "Hmmm, I never really thought about that." :whistling:  So far it seems to have worked.  Sure hope she doesn't read this post. :Caught:

How do others handle these kind of "awkward"  questions?  You don't want to lie, but you don't want to have an upset spouse either. :89:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I always try, "Do you need new shoes, honey?" 

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Tell the truth, but with a smile and a joke after, that way they think it's all part of the fun.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

Tell the truth, but with a smile and a joke after, that way they think it's all part of the fun.

OK Steve, now tell the  TRUTH  :wink:

• Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

OK Steve, now tell the  TRUTH  :wink:

I think you all know me by now that my mouth engages before my brain, but somehow i seem to have got away with it for so long , but there may be a time where i shall have to say, " let me think on that".

• Haha 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, stevewool said:

I think you all know me by now that my mouth engages before my brain, but somehow i seem to have got away with it for so long , but there may be a time where i shall have to say, " let me think on that".

I think you should start lessons now because if you move here a tactical withdrawal is better than confrontation.Plus you will live longer haha.

• Haha 2