Cebu General Medical Doctors

tdub1974
Posted
Posted

Hey all-

I have searched the forums but didn't see anything specific that helped me (though I found a ton of other posts that did help, thank you all!)

I just moved to Cebu City from the US.  I am on some maintenance medications, and before moving checked with pharmacies here to find that most of the meds I am on are available here. I was able to bring about 2-3 months supply of most meds with me but will need refills/new prescriptions after that and want to prepare.

My issue now is trying to find a local doctor to visit who I can show my history who can prescribe the meds ongoing for me.

Does anyone have any recommendations for where to go in Cebu. I have googled and found most people just go to the hospitals or medical centers and see any doctor, but I'd prefer to find a doc I can establish a relationship with to take care of my meds ongoing.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, tdub1974 said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for where to go in Cebu. I have googled and found most people just go to the hospitals or medical centers and see any doctor, but I'd prefer to find a doc I can establish a relationship with to take care of my meds ongoing.

Doctors have offices or consulting rooms, whatever you call it near hospitals. For example Chong Hua has all their doctors clinics about a block away where you can choose what doctor to see without going to the hospital.

Not sure about the others.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Pretty much the same here in Dumaguete

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Depending on what the med is you may not need to get a new prescription. Just go to a pharmacy, show them the prescription on the bottle, and they most likely will refill it for you without a new prescription. That is how it was for me 3 years ago. The Philippines is very restrictive on pain meds and someone mentioned they are starting to require prescriptions for antibiotics.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Doctors have offices or consulting rooms, whatever you call it near hospitals. For example Chong Hua has all their doctors clinics about a block away where you can choose what doctor to see without going to the hospital.

Have visited a number of hosptals and doctors for myself and/or family.  What JGF says is true of all the hospitals I have visited.

About medications.  I am on 4 maintenance medications, I write down the names on a piece of paper, the dosage, and the quantity I need.  Take it to the pharmacy (normally Generics Pharmacy) and they sell me what I need.  No prescription required.  I am not advocating self medicating or saying you should not see a doctor.  Just saying that for a wide variety of Rx drugs here you, in fact, do not need to have a prescription.  Your experience may differ based on the drugs you need.

• Like 2

DavidK
Posted
Posted

I buy my blood pressure medication without prescription and never have any problem at pharmacies. If you need a doctor, then as someone has said, go to one of the hospitals and see one of the doctors (in your required area of medicine) who operate from there. Which hospital you choose probably depends upon where you live for ease of access. I usually go to Our Lady of Perpetual Suckers just off Gorordo.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, DavidK said:

If you need a doctor

If you need a doctor for the sole purpose of writing a prescription, (this is valid in Dumaguete and maybe other places as well), go the the Generika Pharmacy and ask when the doctor is in.  Come at that time and he will give you a prescription for 100 pesos and you can fill it there or go across the street to Rose Pharmacy and fill it.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, DavidK said:

Lady of Perpetual Suckers

Lady of perpetual succour hospital :smile: 

tdub1974
Posted
Posted

Thank you all so very much!