KC813

"Retired US Army soldier shot dead while jogging in Bohol"

3 hours ago, Eric A said:

It could have been a "Hit" carried out by ISIS members or an affiliated terrorist group such as Abu Sayyaf.

4 out of 10 Abu Sayyef members were killed on Bohol back in April 2017

There has been a U.S. warning out since that time for citizens to be careful or not visit Bohol, southern Cebu, Palawan, southern Negros and specifically Illio & Dumageuste. This warning was in addition to the warning already in place for all of Mindanao since 2016.

I have reading more & more about foreigner's being killed in the Philippines and it has not been restricted to just U.S. citizens because of our War on Terror, I have read about Canadian, German, New Zealander, Korean and Chinese being either kidnapped for ransom or just killed outright.

Everyone please take care and review your personal safety methods. 

I doubt if hit on one person will be carried out by terrorist. They would kidnap him if anything. Most foreigners get killed because of a love triangle or business dealings or land disputes as well as pissing someone off. 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Eric A said:

It could have been a "Hit" carried out by ISIS members or an affiliated terrorist group such as Abu Sayyaf.

Do you think this is likely to happen and have no one take credit for it?

54 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Do you think this is likely to happen and have no one take credit for it?

Besides the trademark is to detach the head not shoot. :9436:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Sorry, I did not get the "detach the head joke". I cannot comment further nor defer about any visit.

Stay Safe and Good Luck to All !!

44 minutes ago, Eric A said:

Sorry, I did not get the "detach the head joke".

Not a joke.  Terrorists, in particular the Abu Sayaf group, seem to prefer decapitating their victims publicly.  Drive by shootings is not "their thing".  Fortunately there are not many of that type who are active north of Mindanao province, 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1