Bound for a new life in Dumaguete

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jeff R Us said:

We found our sweet spot with a very nice two bedroom home in Junob.

Welcome.jpg to my neck of the woods, the Traffic can be bad but as time goes by you will soon pick your times to go around

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Jeff R Us said:

"Their everywhere!"

Yes, and increasing steadily.  But it will eventually reach a point where those who are fed up and leave will balance those who see this area as paradise and move here.  In the meantime, its getting harder to move around the city on any kind of transport but Cebu and Manila are worse so we count our blessings.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Welcome as for driving here wait until after rush hour and avoid lunchtimes.Once you get past Santa Rosario subdivision the traffic nearly disappears From Robinsons to there can be hectic but it still does not take that long to get through.

• Like 3

bows00
Posted
Posted

Yeah, the pollution in the middle of the city really sucks, but other than the soot and smog, it's a pretty neat city - I wouldn't mind renting a condo in Marina Town once it is developed - the air quality is tolerable  near the coast line with the ocean breeze and it's not too far from the main city.   

i was finally able to meet with the Silliman University international Advisor - I am seriously thinking about enrolling in some graduate business classes in the fall to keep me busy during retirement.   

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Good luck with the move Jeff

I'm sure you will adjust to place after a short while. :thumbsup:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

We have a get together coming up soon maybe you could make that.