Divisoria Manila

intrepid
Posted
Posted
On 2/23/2018 at 10:54 PM, intrepid said:

expatuk2014,  Glad you had a good time.  we went there about a month ago for the same reason.  Wife bought some nice material for making curtains and rods.  Really good prices which made it worth the travel.  However, when we were there it was so crowded you could not take a step.  Only half steps.  I will say also anything you may want could be found there.  Although I have no desire to return any time soon.  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

After reading all the responses and rereading mine, I realized I let out an important point to my post which also relates to my displeasure of going to Divisoria.  PARKING.  Now I understand most here like to or need to use public transportation to get around.  However, we have our own car and I am the driver.  I don't like standing and waiting in lines for buses or other transportation.  Then add my height and size and most any public transportation is so uncomfortable that I'd rather just stay home.  Hence I drive.  While driving we can stop along the way wherever we want for as long as we want.  When we make large purchases, Like we did on this trip, we can transport in our SUV without worry.  The materials my wife bought weighed at least 90kg and five heavy duty rods were over 2 meters long.  I just don't know how we would have managed this on public transport.  Now back to the trip to Divisoria, we left Sta Rosa Laguna before 6AM.  With traffic it still took about two hours.  After arriving and looking for parking about 30 min.  I dropped off the party of 5 and I drove around another hour+ waiting for parking.  I finally was finally left into the Chin Mall parking only to have to wait longer until a space opened.  This is my biggest complaint in and around Manila and also Laguna, Parking.  I'm sure it is just as bad in all other locations in PI.  Even with all said and done, the trip to Divisoria was worth it for us in the savings alone.  Besides, with the selections is just not available locally.  So, when and if I go again, like many places here, I will consider myself the driver and find a place to wait as the others do their happy shopping. 

• Like 1