Aussie Resident Visa for Filipina question

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I have an Australian friend (can't get a internet signal from his house so I am asking) and yes... I have a friend LOL, he has submitted his wife's permanent Visa paperwork and HUGE fee a couple months ago, now they are thinking of getting her another tourist visa to go visit his parents in Oz. I Think I remember something about your rules about if entering Australia while processing a Permanent Resident Visa (I think called a Partner Visa?), if you then leave the country they will cancel the processing because 'obviously you don't want to be there permanently', and they would have to resubmit - and repay the fee. Is that correct or do I have a few things jumbled up?

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

From memory of reading some time ago if she applied while in the Philippines she must be here when it's granted. I dont think it cancels her application if she is back in time. Anyway all the info is on their website and the person who is applying should ask Immigration to be certain as cost of a visa for Aus is not cheap.

Contact info here at top of the page but I would think the applicants will have a case manager to ask questions plus its difficult to know exactly what subclass we are talking about but either way as far as l know no one is permanent from the time a temporary visa is granted meaning its not permanent at first, https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/309-

You must be outside Australia when you lodge your application and when a decision is made on the temporary Partner visa (subclass 309).

You can be in or outside Australia when a decision is made on the permanent Partner visa (subclass 100).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You must be outside Australia when you lodge your application and when a decision is made on the temporary Partner visa (subclass 309).

You can be in or outside Australia when a decision is made on the permanent Partner visa (subclass 100).

That part is right JGF, we're still going through the process of Permanent Residence, 3, 1/2 years on from first time the wife arrived here in Oz, rules, timeframes change from month to month, use their time frames as a guide only and expect to double up on paperwork you have already submitted. Used to be able to rattle off time frames, visa types but, just as confused to them as the Government is nowadays.

5 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I have an Australian friend (can't get a internet signal from his house so I am asking) and yes... I have a friend LOL, he has submitted his wife's permanent Visa paperwork and HUGE fee a couple months ago, now they are thinking of getting her another tourist visa to go visit his parents in Oz. I Think I remember something about your rules about if entering Australia while processing a Permanent Resident Visa (I think called a Partner Visa?), if you then leave the country they will cancel the processing because 'obviously you don't want to be there permanently', and they would have to resubmit - and repay the fee. Is that correct or do I have a few things jumbled up?

I believe this is still the process, but like I said rules have been changing: This used to be the process, I believe it is still current, no use checking immigration website.

Processing a Permanent Resident Visa, ( PR )

Lodge application, wait for confirmation of acceptance and a visa, ( usually within 28 days,) that will give her 12 months Visa to stay in Australia. In that twelve months she has to leave Australia every THREE months and return to Australia. She does not have to go back to the PI's, just out of Australia. In that 12 months, usually about seven months they will tell you to return to PI"s because they are ready to make a decision whether you are successful or not. Now the time frame you are asking as I understand, how long can she stay out of Australia during this process can be best answered by a registered migration agent ONLY , not a rely or any one by the likes of me.

From the date she lodged her 309 Visa you have to wait 2 years before applying for her PR, then it can take another  22 to 32 months before you are granted a PR or not.

Once the 2 year wait is done you will be put on a 100 Visa, PR , we travel at will on that and have had no trouble, but check with the agent about time frames she can stay outside of Australia at any one time.

Not being rude but it seems like he wants to live in the PI's and get a PR for his wife at the same time. I think he is going about it wrong because these are areas they have tightened up on, too many government benefits down along the track that are associated with this type of process.

Make sure she has plenty of notarized original, not photocopy important documents. 

Also make sure she sticks to her Visa requirements to the T, failure to do so, penalty banned from applying for another Visa, used to be 5 years, I think now 10 years.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Clermont said:

Lodge application, wait for confirmation of acceptance and a visa, ( usually within 28 days,) that will give her 12 months Visa to stay in Australia. In that twelve months she has to leave Australia every THREE months and return to Australia. She does not have to go back to the PI's, just out of Australia. In that 12 months, usually about seven months they will tell you to return to PI"s because they are ready to make a decision whether you are successful or not. Now the time frame you are asking as I understand, how long can she stay out of Australia during this process can be best answered by a registered migration agent ONLY , not a rely or any one by the likes of me.

I think this is the stage they are in right now, used a service in Dumaguete to help them and were told something like 12-16 months for approval. Still waiting for approval they are now thinking of getting her another tourist Visa and going to Oz to visit his parents. Maybe it is the transition from temporary to permanent resident that I was thinking about and they are fine on a visitor visa now?

Thanks for all the info.

• Like 2