Gyms In Cebu

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted

I had searched for available gyms to maintain good health. I found gyms here much more expensive than anticipated and far more expensive than the US. I share this in the interest of helping those who might be looking for a gym when visiting or while in residence. There is a gym in SM that I did not evaluate. I started out at Citigym which I would continue if cost was no object. I am now committed by long term membership to the Holiday Gym and Spa. I have used all these gyms and can answer any question that anyone might have.Marriott-Ayala1,800 / month Regular Hours1,500 / month Energy hours (9AM-5PM and 8PM-11PM)1,600 - 20 Session Card: (valid for 2 months) Fitness First-Ayala2900/ month - Premier (4 month) + 2000 Joining2650 / month- Lifestyle (12 mont) + 1000 JoiningHoliday Gym & SpaRegular2000 / month (6000) - 3 months + 2 weeks free - equavalent to 1714 / month1833 / month (11000) - 6 months + 1 months Free - equivalent to 1571 / month 1666 / month (20000) - 12 monts + 4 months free - equaivalent to 1250 / monthNon Peak (10AM - 4PM)1500 /month - (3 months)1000 / month - (6 months)875 / month - (1 year)Club Ultima at Crown Regency Fuente2500 / month1666 / month - (10000) 6 months1666 / month - (20000) 12 monthsCiti Gym at Waterfront2500 / month -2296 / month (6890) 3 months2168 / month (13010) 6 months 2039 / month (24475) 12 month

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted (edited)

I noticed the same..but then again with so many Western pockets coming here there is a demand and the Branded gyms are quick to cash in on it. But there are "local" gyms which are about P300+ a month but the equipment is from another era. I wouldnt mind opening one in the future in Minglanilla but its more for local use as simply there is more locals than foreigners thumbs-up-smile.gif but just use better equipment I would rather keep the prices low and the gym full.. also the smaller ones dont seem to do classes which could be an easy money spinner for the fit members out there into step aerobics ;-)

Edited by tropicalpenpals

• 1 month later...
Inspector
Posted
Posted (edited)
I noticed the same..but then again with so many Western pockets coming here there is a demand and the Branded gyms are quick to cash in on it. But there are "local" gyms which are about P300+ a month but the equipment is from another era. I wouldnt mind opening one in the future in Minglanilla but its more for local use as simply there is more locals than foreigners thumbs-up-smile.gif but just use better equipment I would rather keep the prices low and the gym full.. also the smaller ones dont seem to do classes which could be an easy money spinner for the fit members out there into step aerobics ;-)
They just opened another at the Robinson, behind by the new LTO. Top floor. It is brutal. As you said, the equipment is from another era....and lacking. The sad thing is they want almost 1000 pesos a month. With NO air con either. I've always had a dream to open a gym, but if you want top equipment, you will pay a lot up front. I don't see the clients with any expensive place in the middle of locals away from the heart of the city.On edit, the Robinsons near Talisay. Edited by Inspector

MikeB
Posted
Posted

FF charges 2000 just to join? That's almost as bad as charging a tourist like me 550 a day. That's a lot of money over there.There are many horror stories about the billing and cancellation practices of these places. Be sure to read and understand the contract completely, it's not what the salesperson says, it's what's on the paper you sign. Pay cash, if they insist on a credit card, go elsewhere. JMHO.