Playing Poker In Cebu

paul
Posted
Posted

Stars bar, on Mango Avenue (directly adjacent to Fooda), hosts poker playing certain days of the week. I don't know the particulars, but drop by Stars anytime after 12 noon for further information. I believe they begin playing about 4pm. This has been a public service message, brought to you by Bounty, the quicker picker upper. (I know, it's lame. But, give me my two minutes, okay?)

chimellie
Posted
Posted
Stars bar, on Mango Avenue (directly adjacent to Fooda), hosts poker playing certain days of the week. I don't know the particulars, but drop by Stars anytime after 12 noon for further information. I believe they begin playing about 4pm. This has been a public service message, brought to you by Bounty, the quicker picker upper. (I know, it's lame. But, give me my two minutes, okay?)
I love playing poker....I was wondering if most of the players at Stars Bar are Expats.

paul
Posted
Posted

Hi Chi,I have only seen foreigners playing poker there, so far anyway.

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted
Interesting. I have only been playing at the Waterfront so far. Could you please post some more info om the games played?Type of gameLimitsTournaments?Any rake, if so - what?Thanks,Panser

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Welcome aboard my friend panser, :welcome: I would also like to read more info on that on this forum, so guys and gals who know, post away, please. Thanks!

paul
Posted
Posted

Hi Panser,I am not a poker player. So, I don't know much about it. I know one game that is played is called Texas Hold 'em. I don't believe they bet large amounts, or have a large "buy in"? They play more than one day per week, so they may play other games too.I believe the starting time is always the same, 4pm. But, I will have to verify that for you as well.I will go to that bar today and get more information. I have the numbers of some of the guys who play there as well, if you are in country and wish to know more..Oh, I know one guy plays peanuckle (spelling?) too, but will have to get more information on that, if you are interested.

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted
Hi Panser,I am not a poker player. So, I don't know much about it. I know one game that is played is called Texas Hold 'em. I don't believe they bet large amounts, or have a large "buy in"? They play more than one day per week, so they may play other games too.I believe the starting time is always the same, 4pm. But, I will have to verify that for you as well.I will go to that bar today and get more information. I have the numbers of some of the guys who play there as well, if you are in country and wish to know more..Oh, I know one guy plays peanuckle (spelling?) too, but will have to get more information on that, if you are interested.
Hi Paul, Texas Hold'em is the most common game nowadays. Peanuckle I haven't played, but it reminds me on my days in school playing "knuckle poker" in the hallways. You beta number of strikes, and if you lose, the card deck was hit a number of times on you knuckles.I played a tournament at the Waterfront in February. 2200 peso and a buffet was included. 40 people and first 5 get a price. I will probably play those twice a month or so when I arrive. I'll also check in on the bar game.

paul
Posted
Posted

Hi Panser, You will have to forgive me, as my home internet connection is currently down. However, I am at a connection now, so I can give you what I know so far:Please note: All games I am about to list are currently played at Stars Bar, located adjacent to Fooda, on Mango Avenue. Monday - OmahaThursday - 7 Card StudFriday - 1/2 Texas Hold 'em, 1/2 OmahaLow stakes, Php 500 to Php 1,000 buy in. Games began at 4pm, sharp, on each day.HTH