Holy crapola... I just was nearing the end of a long blog entry, hit one wrong key on the keyboard, and the whole thing went kaput.
Maybe it's a sign, I'll rewrite it in jot-form, or at least keep it simpler.
In a nut shell:
- I came home early and unexpectedly only to find another man's motorbike by my house and then to find out it's mine! ..... or is it?
- I bonded with my new pet monkey, minus the sick bondage, even if he is bound a little.
- The kitchen that took too long to complete once I left is actually quite cool: there's a loft on the back side of it where we sleep now, so her mom can't get in the way of any hanky-panky.
- My wife didn't tell me she was building a loft or buying a motorbike, both of which I like and am glad she didn't tell me because I would've said no, but I'm still perturbed that she didn't tell me. Score one point for Filipino culture.
- My wife asked our farmhand if I paid her the January salary, knowing that I had, and the farmhand, thinking she didn't know, took the opportunity to lie and bluff that I didn't. Now we use payslips for everyone, no matter how close, and since she's in the hospital with pregnancy complications, I'll give her one more chance, and tell her I think she just forgot I paid her.
- Minus two points for Filipino culture: first, my wife for not being direct and authoritative, asking when she should be telling; second, for my farmhand for slapping me in the face in spite of the many nice things I've done for them.
And at the end of the day..... it's still raining in Leyte. Now I know why it's so green!