Pnb

oldutot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Folks,(PNB) I was wondering has anybody done business with them. I was thinking about opening a account with them. The bank branch is not open as of yet. It's part of the businesses coming to Seattle with the opening of Seafood City

Edited by Boss Man

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi Folks,              I was wondering has anybody done business with them. I was thinking about opening a account with them.              The bank branch is not open as of yet.   It's part of the businesses coming to Seattle with the opening of Seafood City
My wife and I did business with a branch in CDO years ago and they were good but I am sure they have improved a lot since back then and maybe someone who has an account in the US and lives in the Philippines might like to comment more. I do know that they are terrible on the exchange rate as recent as a year or so ago because one friend sends money to her family via that bank and gets beat up pretty bad on the exchange they get compared to what BPI online give us when we are out of the country, but we also have to keep the dollars in BPI in order to get that better rate, so we lose by having the dollars there getting very little interest. We use a money changer when within the Philippines and get the best rate that way. 

softail
Posted
Posted
Hi Folks,( PNB ) I was wondering has anybody done business with them. I was thinking about opening a account with them. The bank branch is not open as of yet. It's part of the businesses coming to Seattle with the opening of Seafood City
Thanks for the tip. I live in Federal Way and would like to use them if they are any good.Doug and Sally

oldutot
Posted
Posted
Hi Folks,( PNB ) I was wondering has anybody done business with them. I was thinking about opening a account with them. The bank branch is not open as of yet. It's part of the businesses coming to Seattle with the opening of Seafood City
Thanks for the tip. I live in Federal Way and would like to use them if they are any good.Doug and Sally
Hey Doug, I lived near by West Seattle. I understand that Seafood city opening is july 18th. They're going to have red ribbon,tokyo toykyo, Atlas shipping, Valerio's tropical hut, PNB, Chowking. one stop Pinoy shopping

softail
Posted
Posted
Hi Folks,( PNB )I was wondering has anybody done business with them. I was thinking about opening a account with them.The bank branch is not open as of yet. It's part of the businesses coming to Seattle with the opening of Seafood City
Hey Doug, I lived near by West Seattle. I understand that Seafood city opening is july 18th. They're going to have red ribbon,tokyo toykyo, Atlas shipping, Valerio's tropical hut, PNB, Chowking. one stop Pinoy shopping
Perhaps we could meet for a bite of Chowking one day. For some reason there seems to be alot of folks from the Seattle area interested in the Philippines.Doug and Sally

oldutot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey Doug, Thanks for the invite. It would be nice meeting someone from the forum SugarwareZ-047.gif I will pm you sometime

Edited by oldutot

• 2 weeks later...
love2winalot
Posted
Posted

Hiya: I have a bank acct with PNB in Subic. Here is the deal for a $ acct. Min deposit to open it was $500. If the balance stays over $500, there is NO monthly fee. If it falls below that, there is a $10 a month fee. You can x change peso to $ in the bank, and the feee was the same as Western Union money changer. But, you can not deposit the money until the next day. Also, you can deposit cash, but....................................hehehe..........................It takes 48-72 hours to clear. Yes, thats right, deposit $300 cash, and you can't touch it for 2-5 days?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hiya: I have a bank acct with PNB in Subic. Here is the deal for a $ acct. Min deposit to open it was $500. If the balance stays over $500, there is NO monthly fee. If it falls below that, there is a $10 a month fee. You can x change peso to $ in the bank, and the feee was the same as Western Union money changer. But, you can not deposit the money until the next day. Also, you can deposit cash, but....................................hehehe..........................It takes 48-72 hours to clear. Yes, thats right, deposit $300 cash, and you can't touch it for 2-5 days?
The rules seem to be the same with other banks in the Philippines too. We used to do business with PNP but switched to BPI years ago because I really did not like standing in lines to make deposits, so my wife and I now do business with BPI and they hold dollars a week unless I ask the manager and then they give us immediate credit for our deposit, but I have to do that each and every time. The nice thing I like about BPI when compared to PNB was that we can exchange dollars for pesos online without ever having to leave our home and I have done that many times over the years and also transfer money from one peso ATM account to another or even to an external BPI account once we had them linked at the bank. I find the online transfer neat to have and having more than one ATM card account also comes in handy for emergencies that require more than the daily limit or just when shopping for larger items.  The Minimum balance for a BPI account is also $500 and p3000 for a ATM account and we have always had good luck whenever dealing with them, and if you deposit over a certain amount or have had an account with them for a long period of time, then they will give you a preferred ATM card and you will be able to sit down and have one of the staff make deposits for you while you read the newspaper or chat with one of the other staff if they are not busy at the time. My wife and I often sit and chat with the manager and we have found that getting to know the manager at any bank we have done business with seems to make everything go smooth whenever we need something done