Bookings

Carl
Posted
Posted

So far I havent booked a hotel room for my stay In April,should I book ahead or will it be easy to just walk in from the street to get a room. I want to stay where there is some action close by. :SugarwareZ-037: I arrive about 12.30,will there be taxi's at the airport or is this going to be the first hard bit of my trip.Rob

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
So far I havent booked a hotel room for my stay In April,should I book ahead or will it be easy to just walk in from the street to get a room. I want to stay where there is some action close by. :23_11_60[2]: I arrive about 12.30,will there be taxi's at the airport or is this going to be the first hard bit of my trip.Rob
I think that in April you would have no problem finding a good hotel by walking in off the street.But if it was me and on my first trip I would book ahead so that everything is done easy,even if you just book a hotel for a few days to give your self a chance to look around.As for action close by,well plenty of action any where without traveling too far,perhaps stay in the up town area around Fuente Osmena,Midtown hotel is good as theres a supermarket underneath as well as a shopping mall. Walking distance to some bars.There are taxis at the airport that will take you for a ride ,no problems, lolYou will pay more for a taxi at the airport unless you cross the road once exiting the building and walk up the stairs.My opinion again for your first time In the Philippines ,just pay the extra taxi fare and go with the flow till you get used to the country.Once you have settled in and perhaps got over the culture shock is when you can start being a wise Kano,to me the first day should not matter if it cost a bit more.Nothing worse than a long flight then having hassle's just to save a buck on day one.

BobNChe
Posted
Posted (edited)

Didn't you say that you were coming to meet your girl for the first time in another controversial thread? If you are coming here to meet your girl, why do you want to be near the "action"?There will be taxis at the airport till the last flight comes in. But there won't be many, if any, above in the departure area I think. Just tell the taxi driver you will give him meter plus P50 and if he won't accept that go to another one. The P50 I would not normally pay. But that late at night and you are new so they kind of have you over a barrel, so just compromise a little and everybody will be happy.

Edited by BobNChe

Carl
Posted
Posted
Didn't you say that you were coming to meet your girl for the first time in another controversial thread? If you are coming here to meet your girl, why do you want to be near the "action"?There will be taxis at the airport till the last flight comes in. But there won't be many, if any, above in the departure area I think. Just tell the taxi driver you will give him meter plus P50 and if he won't accept that go to another one. The P50 I would not normally pay. But that late at night and you are new so they kind of have you over a barrel, so just compromise a little and everybody will be happy.
Thanks` Bob for the advice. my filght is 12.30 lunch time not night. I am coming to meet my girl but dont want to spend all the time with her,a mate whos been there before says to check out the bars for abit of fun.ya never know i might get lucky 2245_safe.gif

twostrokes
Posted
Posted
Thanks` Bob for the advice. my filght is 12.30 lunch time not night. I am coming to meet my girl but dont want to spend all the time with her,a mate whos been there before says to check out the bars for abit of fun.ya never know i might get lucky 2245_safe.gif
You don't need to be lucky, just have to have a little pesonality...Jim