Need Advice Re Good Quality Hotel Around Mango/maxilom Road Area

powerpump
Posted
Posted

I wiill be in cebu very soon and would ask for some advice re a good quality hotel in the mango/maxilom area. Looking for comfortable bed, good air con, room safe, easy to have guests, top security and other amenities.Not looking for a family place and want to avoid screaming kids.My budget can go from 3,000 + + peso per night and i will stay 10 days.Thank u in advance.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have often thought that Eddies hotel would be a great place to stay if I planned to spend a lot of time in the Mango area.  But I'm cheap so I try to find a place for 1,000 pesos or less and Eddies, (which I heard has been renamed the Beverly Boutique Business Hotel http://www.beverlyboutiquehotel.com/  ), runs at about 1,500 pesos a night.Lonely Planet ReviewA clean motel-style place on the edge of the girlie-bar precinct, Eddie's is a respectable looking establishment that attracts a less-than-respectable clientele. Rooms range from basic to almost sumptuous depending on what you're prepared to pay. Women will probably prefer to stay elsewhere.The pricier rooms are well appointed with leather chairs, bamboo beds, venetian blinds and smaller-than-average bathrooms. Standard rooms are a bit stuffy but deluxes are pretty much as good as superiors in size and comfort. The atmosphere is a trifle sterile despite attempts to cosy things up with reproduction copper lanterns in the corridors. The hotel's 24hr Great American Steakhouse serves what is reputed to be Cebu's best steak.

• 3 months later...
tourguide101
Posted
Posted
I wiill be in cebu very soon and would ask for some advice re a good quality hotel in the mango/maxilom area. Looking for comfortable bed, good air con, room safe, easy to have guests, top security and other amenities.Not looking for a family place and want to avoid screaming kids.My budget can go from 3,000 + + peso per night and i will stay 10 days.Thank u in advance.
# Cebu Holiday Plaza HotelCebu Holiday Plaza Hotel F. Ramos St., Cogon Central, Cebu City Phone: 254-9880 Email: holiday@holidayplazacebu.com Website: www.holidayplazacebu.com# Cebu Midtown HotelCebu Midtown Hotel Osmeña Blvd., Cor. General Maxilom Ave., & Fuente Osmeña, Cebu City Phone: 253-9711 Email: cmhsales@skyinet.net Website: www.cebumidtownhotel.net# Fuente Pension HouseFuente Pension House 0175 Don Julio Llorente St., Capitol Site, Cebu City Phone: 253-4133 253-6789 Email: info@fuente.com Website: www.fuentepension.com# Rajah Park HotelRajah Park Hotel Fuente Osmeña, Cebu City Phone: 412-3337, 253-1812 Email: info@rajahparkhotel.com Website: www.rajahparkhotel.comAlso Try Sampaguita SuitesTelephone: (032) 253-3672, (032) 253-5964 Address: 2nd Floor, JRG Building (formerly the Belvic Theatre) General Maxillom Avenue (Mango Avenue), Cebu City

• 1 month later...
Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

I have stayed at Eddies a number of times and like it. I thought the rate was a bit higher than the 1500 pesos a night, but it has been awhile and I'm not really sure. Good restaurant for breakfast or lunch, so you don't have to wander out to eat if you don't want to. Good showers, decent bed and pretty clean. Had not heard it had a name change, but that is good to know. It is not right on the busy street so not quite so noisy. Yet not much of a walk or a very short cab ride to get to the Mango entertainment area if that's your thing. Robinsons for shopping is fairly easy to. A ways from the airport though, so be ready to pay the taxi for the ride if you need to travel there.

• Like 1