Thieves Targeting Individuals Wearing Jewelry

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Thought I was reading one of the Philippine news sites at first. Then realized this is my home town! We talk on this forum about not wearing anything flashy or not to appear rich. Well, it is getting just as bad in many places here in the US. Alarm and camera system advice I find to be more of a joke. Jails and courts are so backed up they arrest and release within hours. Only ones they really keep are the murderer's, rapist's, pedophiles and small time parole violators. http://www.sacrament...d=1903&zoneid=1 The Sacramento Police Department is warning the community of an increase in a current robbery and burglary trend. With the rising price of gold and other metals nearing all time highs, thieves are looking for these precious commodities.Due to the extremely high value of metals, the community is cautioned about robbers and burglars targeting victims for their gold or copper. Homes, businesses and other entities have fallen prey to copper thefts. Many victims have had gold jewelry stolen right from their person.Walk with a friend and always stay in well-lit areas. The use of alarm systems and surveillance cameras are good options for keeping you, your family and your home safe. There are many other personal safety tips and ways to protect your home on our website at www.sacpd.org.Police want to remind you to be mindful of your surroundings and call if you notice suspicious persons or activities. It is important for residents to watch out for one another and keep each other informed of what is occurring in the neighborhood.The Sacramento Police Department urges anyone with information pertaining to this crime to contact Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP (4357) or text in a tip to 274637 (CRIMES). Enter SACTIP followed by the tip information. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.

Travis
Posted
Posted
Thought I was reading one of the Philippine news sites at first. Then realized this is my home town! We talk on this forum about not wearing anything flashy or not to appear rich. Well, it is getting just as bad in many places here in the US. Alarm and camera system advice I find to be more of a joke. Jails and courts are so backed up they arrest and release within hours. Only ones they really keep are the murderer's, rapist's, pedophiles and small time parole violators. http://www.sacrament...d=1903&zoneid=1 The Sacramento Police Department is warning the community of an increase in a current robbery and burglary trend. With the rising price of gold and other metals nearing all time highs, thieves are looking for these precious commodities.Due to the extremely high value of metals, the community is cautioned about robbers and burglars targeting victims for their gold or copper. Homes, businesses and other entities have fallen prey to copper thefts. Many victims have had gold jewelry stolen right from their person.Walk with a friend and always stay in well-lit areas. The use of alarm systems and surveillance cameras are good options for keeping you, your family and your home safe. There are many other personal safety tips and ways to protect your home on our website at www.sacpd.org.Police want to remind you to be mindful of your surroundings and call if you notice suspicious persons or activities. It is important for residents to watch out for one another and keep each other informed of what is occurring in the neighborhood.The Sacramento Police Department urges anyone with information pertaining to this crime to contact Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP (4357) or text in a tip to 274637 (CRIMES). Enter SACTIP followed by the tip information. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.
no place is safe with so many unemployed but they have freebies here in the good ole USA or there would be even more robberies & in the Philippines there is no free meals or help so it has to be more dangerous there

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

Amazing how the the gut wrenching pain of hunger makes people do these things, especially in third world countrys.no government help so the people have to help themselves. in any way possible.trying to survive is not a crime in my book. greedyness is. :thumbsup: tanks ej.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Where I am it may come down more to "Laziness" vs "Greediness"

• Like 1

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

Are you in sacramento? just asking cuz im in long beach right now and seeing a lot of it downtown. my sister makes me take my patek-philippe off my wrist and leave it at home when we go downtown. and this is america. and im going back home to the pinas? starting to have secound thoughts. i think hawaii is starting to look better. :thumbsup: tanks ej.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I am here in the Sacramento area. Lots of crazy stuff going on lately.