Yesterday's Words Of Warning

aerosick
Posted
Posted

'I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale.'

~ Thomas Jefferson

'If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them, will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

~Thomas Jefferson

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hummmmm ...seems our fore-fathers were far smarter than present fathers ......... and although this crises is throwing the whole globe in a tizzy all I can say is the banks and lending institutions have no one to blame but themselves ...... when you lone money and credit to those that can't afford it you are bound to get bit in the arse ....... for years the lending institutions were only interested in the numbers game and not who could pay back these loans ........ someone that makes $20,000 per year can't afford a $200,000 house with an 6 year balloon payment ....... but hey ... it sure looks good for 6 years ......... and we criticize the Filipinos for not being far-sighted ....... geeee ..... I wonder what will happen to the American Dream of everyone owning their own home ....... when hundreds of thousands are living in tent cities ...... Hummmmmm ... ol' Tom was a pretty smart fellow after all ...... isn't he the same one that spoke about the lawyers .... SugarwareZ-011.gif

paul
Posted
Posted

Considering all of the "modern" conveniences and technology that wasn't available at the time, our fore fathers were pretty well on top of things, that will apply to us for generations to come. It's sad that we don't pay closer attention to their words.