Bid Starts Implementing Simpler Visa Issuance

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Sounds like a step in the right directionBID starts implementing simpler visa issuance Let me know if anyone tries it and how it works? Updated January 26, 2009 12:00 AM Cebu - The regional office of the Bureau of Immigration Region will start implementing today their new and innovative visa issuance program designed to cut red tape, eliminate fixers in the agency, and increase its revenue.BID-Region VII alien control officer Casimiro Madarang told The FREEMAN yesterday that Cebu is the pilot area for this new program, which is called the Visa Issuance Made Simple.With this new program, Madarang said the issuance of visas to foreigners will only take five to ten minutes instead of waiting for a few hours in the previous processing of visas. BID Commissioner Marcelino Libanan in his recent visit to Cebu said the new program will substantially cut the processing time for different types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas.http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?Artic...bCategoryId=107

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hummmmmm ...... I see another 500p service charge in the future ........ for FAST EXPRESS LANE services ...... surprised they haven't come up with a express lane receipt ....... good for another 500p ....... hahahahahaha ..... wish they would just say the price of the visa has gone up instead of adding all these cute new charges ......... especially when you use a travel agent to do your paper work ...... they bring the passport on say Tues. and don't pick it up till Thurs or Fri ....... so what is express lane about that ........ hahahahahaha ..... Well there are other solutions to the extra charges ....... so I guess no complaining is in order ....... hahahahaha