Hot Damn! A Money Saving Idea!

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

In reading another post about the 'hidden costs' in dating / marrying a Pinay and supporting her (whole) family, there was a suggestion to look for a woman with a small family. This got me to thinking. Suppose one of you guys with a bit of internet savy was to go to local orphanages and ask for contact information of women now of adult age and looking for Mr. Moneybags to marry. You can cultivate a database of single women of legal age with no family or an extended family that she owes nothing to. (For any serial killers reading this post and looking for victims that no one will notice missing, please disregard this post.) Then you can put put info that you have a database of women, looking for a foreigner and they have no big family to support. It is a win-win deal. Everyone likes to help an orphan (ok so she is 23 now, so what) and the lucky foreigner is less likely to go broke supporting a family that is attached to Mrs. Right. ***************************************************************** Now, speaking of supporting a family, I do 'help' support support some poor families in Samar. I do it on a budget. 1 sack of rice a month and some canned fish per family. How many people it feeds or how long it lasts is up to them. One mother sells vinegar door to door and another sells wild vegatables she finds. Neither can read or write and both live in nipa huts with multiple kids. But they do what they can to get money for food. The key to supporting or helping, is a BUDGET. I set a budget and I have my woman friend there manage it. It is much easier for her to say NO than it is for me to say it. So the local people we help have learned to live with 'some' help and it is up to them to actually support themselves. Since I send frequent balikbayan boxes, I also include junk costume jewelry that I get real cheap from a friend with a thrift store along with other things that I use for filler in the boxes. I also accept donations of cash and computers, cell phones and other things in my store that I end up sending to Samar. When the box arrives, the local squatter women I help are called to come in and divide it up and it is christmas for a day and they take their stuff home to hord if for a few days before selling it off. See attached pic showing Venus and Catherine, 2 kids I have in school and a local squatter woman wearing donated clothes and picking thru stuff for her and her 4 kids.

post-404-0-85440600-1315923667_thumb.jpg

post-404-0-53190500-1315923698_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 2

Candyman
Posted
Posted

The idea of a "database" for grown up orphans, is not as silly as it sounds, and I am sure a lot of the ladies in this position would embrace the idea too ! Having said that though, I would research it very closely though, because I believe there is probably a law against it, in particular, after they banned the "mail order bride' business some twenty odd years ago ! It could also infringe on RP 9208 the anti trafficking law ! I would study it very gingerly before taking it any further. With the balikbayan boxes, we have sent some to my wife's family in Cebu, and was fortunate enough to be there once when they arrived ! Not only was the entire family and extended family there, but what seemed like half the baranguy as well ! It was Christmas time for them !

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
The idea of a "database" for grown up orphans, is not as silly as it sounds, and I am sure a lot of the ladies in this position would embrace the idea too ! Having said that though, I would research it very closely though, because I believe there is probably a law against it, in particular, after they banned the "mail order bride' business some twenty odd years ago ! It could also infringe on RP 9208 the anti trafficking law ! I would study it very gingerly before taking it any further. With the balikbayan boxes, we have sent some to my wife's family in Cebu, and was fortunate enough to be there once when they arrived ! Not only was the entire family and extended family there, but what seemed like half the baranguy as well ! It was Christmas time for them !
Exactly,there is a post here somewhere of a Japanese man arrested for running a dating agency in the Philippines.

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Exactly,there is a post here somewhere of a Japanese man arrested for running a dating agency in the Philippines.
Well, there is always some guy with a negative opinion! There are people that say the glass is half full and those that say the glass is half empty and then there are those like you that just drink out of the bottle! I think that for educational purposes, it would be nice for you to post something about CB and FH and how they have managed to exist for so many years. If it was not for internet dating, the Philippines would not have anywhere near the money flow it has developed from 'relationships' brought about via the internet. There must be someway to separate internet dating and the trafficing of humans or whatever the law is that got the Japanese guy arrested. And to think back, I have not seen a CB ad in years where FH is advertising everywhere including this site.... What happened to CB?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

A dating site can be done as long as the person who runs it does not live in, or visit the Philippines. That leaves most of us out, and probably leaves out most who might be interested in running such a site.

Candyman
Posted
Posted
I think that for educational purposes, it would be nice for you to post something about CB and FH and how they have managed to exist for so many years.
I think these sites exist, because they are largely made up of members, and as such these members search out other like minded members. This is a different format (for want of a better word), for Organized dating, or introductions, where two parties are introduced by a THIRD PARTY, this third party then, could be seen as the Trafficker, whether it be an individual or a company. I think that is the distinction.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Well, there is always some guy with a negative opinion! There are people that say the glass is half full and those that say the glass is half empty and then there are those like you that just drink out of the bottle! I think that for educational purposes, it would be nice for you to post something about CB and FH and how they have managed to exist for so many years. If it was not for internet dating, the Philippines would not have anywhere near the money flow it has developed from 'relationships' brought about via the internet. There must be someway to separate internet dating and the trafficing of humans or whatever the law is that got the Japanese guy arrested. And to think back, I have not seen a CB ad in years where FH is advertising everywhere including this site.... What happened to CB?
Its not about being negative its about knowing the law in this regard as I have looked into it.Yes you can have a dating site if you host it in another country.The rest is up to you if you want to go down that road.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Not me! I am not in the internet business, dating or otherwise. I have enough to do with my time.