Mobile

Carl
Posted
Posted

hey just thought of something,how do i know if my mobile phone is going to work when i arrive.would i have to arrange with telstra for my phone to work in Cebu.Rob

brock
Posted
Posted

Take your phone to the shop and they will get it working for about 500 peso, then just buy load when you want it, or you can always buy a cheap phone for about 1500 peso.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
hey just thought of something,how do i know if my mobile phone is going to work when i arrive.would i have to arrange with telstra for my phone to work in Cebu.Rob
Rob, all cell phone providers are different and have different rules...... First you would have to make sure that your phone has either 900 mhz or 1800 mhz in it and preferable has both....... You can do that by taking out the battery and looking for the phone model number and then doing a google search to see what the specifications are........ If the phone is compatible with the Philippine system, then you would probably have to tell telstra to turn on your international roaming and if it does not have the frequencies needed, then it would not work no matter what you do. My advice would be to first see if your phone is compatible and if it is, then ask your company for the unlock code so that you can use it on other providers, then follow the instructions and unlock it and when you get to the Philippines pick up a smart sim card and load, and then I am pretty sure the calls will cost you a lot less than roaming with telstra, but check the costs with them.Below is an earlier post I made that will explain which phones will work and which will not.http://www.welcometothephilippines.com/for...dpost&p=219