Adoption

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

Has anyone experienced adopting a child here in the RP? The SSA is telling me I must file the adoption in the US in order for my adopted child to qualify for benefits. Anybody know anything about this?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Has anyone experienced adopting a child here in the RP? The SSA is telling me I must file the adoption in the US in order for my adopted child to qualify for benefits. Anybody know anything about this?
I hope you get a first hand answer to your question, but I will tell you what was told to me by someone who said their child was adopted. According to him, the info you got is correct and the adoption must be registered with the US govt for benefits and then if you ever want a passport for the child, now does that mean having to go back to the states, I do not know but it would probably be a good question to ask John Domingo at the US consular office in the Waterfront Hotel. Consular Agency of United States in Cebu City, Philippines Waterfront Hotel, Lahug Cebu City Philippines Phone: +63-32-231-1261