Boracay Cops Arrest German For Abuses Vs Wife

Candyman
Posted
Posted

Boracay cops arrest German for abuses vs wife Nestor P. Burgos Jr.Inquirer Visayas10:12 pm | Wednesday, September 14th, 2011 ILOILO CITY—Police on Tuesday arrested a German charged with abusing his Filipino wife.Operatives of the Boracay Special Tourist Police Office (BSTPO) arrested Horst Reiner Augustin at the Melinda’s Garden Resort which he owns with his estranged wife Melinda.Augustin, 56, did not resist arrest in his resort in Barangay (village) Manoc-Manoc at the southern end of the island resort, said Senior Inspector Raymond Maningo, BSTPO deputy chief, in a telephone interview on Wednesday.Maningo said Augustin was arrested based on a warrant issued by Judge Ronald Exmundo, of the Regional Trial Court Branch 3 in the capital town of Kalibo.Augustin has been charged with violating Republic Act No. 9262 (Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children Act) for allegedly subjecting his estranged wife to “repeated psychological and economic violence.”Melinda also filed a concubinage complaint against Augustin which is pending at the Aklan provincial prosecutor’s office. Full Story Here : http://newsinfo.inqu...-abuses-vs-wife Sounds like someone pissed off a wife ! He mustn't have heard about "A woman scorned" ! There goes the end of his life in the Philippines, and everything he owns there ! When will they ever learn !

• Like 3

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
Sounds like someone pissed off a wife ! He mustn't have heard about "A woman scorned" ! There goes the end of his life in the Philippines, and everything he owns there ! When will they ever learn !quote from candymans post
AT least he wasnt found dead or killed in the middle of the night with "NO SUSPECTS" Edited by Kuya Lee
install quote box
  • Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

A concubinage charge...... Uh-oh..... Time to start looking over my shoulder... Wow! I did not know he was royalty! Who knew? I wonder what that costs to maintain..... So now the 'estranged' wife is not only trying to ruin her husband, but also now upsetting the live(s) of his concubines? Now that is just wrong. I hope he can turn it around and pay her off and continue with his life. There was no mention of any actual physical violence or imtimidation on his part, just that he may have been a tight wad and who knows what is meant by psychological violence! If it stands as written above... then any Pinay could charge her foreigner husband with the same 'offences' for not supporting her family and then complaining about it to her for the psychological violence aspect. Very convienent if she does not have to prove any actual domestic violence.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
A concubinage charge...... Uh-oh..... Time to start looking over my shoulder... Wow! I did not know he was royalty! Who knew? I wonder what that costs to maintain..... So now the 'estranged' wife is not only trying to ruin her husband, but also now upsetting the live(s) of his concubines? Now that is just wrong. I hope he can turn it around and pay her off and continue with his life. There was no mention of any actual physical violence or imtimidation on his part, just that he may have been a tight wad and who knows what is meant by psychological violence! If it stands as written above... then any Pinay could charge her foreigner husband with the same 'offences' for not supporting her family and then complaining about it to her for the psychological violence aspect. Very convienent if she does not have to prove any actual domestic violence.
Excellent point Bruce! Already in deep chit, the drama is still not over for him........

softail
Posted
Posted
Excellent point Bruce! Already in deep chit, the drama is still not over for him........
I have no idea whether this is a bad guy or not, there is always her side of the story, his side and then the truth. Reading stories like this has convinced me that if and when I ever get to realize me dream of moving to the RP there is no way I am going to tie up large sums of money in a business or home. I love my wife dearly and have the utmost faith in her but life is just that……life. Life isn’t always fair but it is in fact always life. In the RP anything can happen, buy some real-estate ownership gets challenged, buy a condo it never gets finished etc. I have in-laws that ran a very successful business for over 10yrs, someone has challenged the ownership of the property the business is on, the business was forced to shut down and has been several years now grinding its way thru the court system with no end in sight. It is just to risky to dump a lot of money into real-estate or business I could get my retirement nest egg cleaned out. Perhaps this is one reason why the RP economy has been stuck in first gear for so long. Doug
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Great point Doug.... never invest more money than you can walk away from easily and always be worth more alive than dead. I'm sorry to hear about your in-laws problems I hope things get sorted out quickly.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Sounds like someone pissed off a wife ! He mustn't have heard about "A woman scorned" ! There goes the end of his life in the Philippines, and everything he owns there ! When will they ever learn !
here is a story that a woman who killed her husband at a SM mall on Wednesday, http://www.gmanews.tv/story/232420/nation/wife-shoots-husband-in-qc-mall-guard-killed has all the ingredients, other woman, unpaid support of child .scorned woman who has handgun.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Sounds like someone pissed off a wife ! He mustn't have heard about "A woman scorned" ! There goes the end of his life in the Philippines, and everything he owns there ! When will they ever learn !
here is a story that a woman who killed her husband at a SM mall on Wednesday, http://www.gmanews.t...ll-guard-killed has all the ingredients,other woman, unpaid support of child .scorned woman who has handgun.
One correction on the above, was able to buy handgun in Bulacan for p4000 from the story I read in another paper, and we all probably know how easy it is to buy an off paper handgun in the Philippines. I have had quite a few people including taxi drivers offer guns to me once they got into conversations with me and probably felt I was an OK person. I on the other hand would never buy a gun like that, and let that person then be in a position to turn me in or set me up for a sting, but a local would not have that problem.